Chapter 2 - Anger

“What the fucking hell was that?!” Louis growled as he and Harry picked themselves up off the ground.

“I don’t-” he cut himself off with a sharp intake of breath as he got to his feet, a sharp pain shooting up from his ribs and making him wince. He rolled his shoulders and neck a few times, knowing that he’d heal himself in a few moments. “I don’t know Lou. I have no idea.”

“But the knife!” he cried, “Niall said the knife would make him drop dead in a millisecond! But he just fucking got up and walked away!”

“Lou-”

“You see? I should've just taken the shotgun. Blown his fucking meat puppet to pieces.”

“Louis, I-”

“What's the point of taking orders if they don't fucking work!”

“Louis!” Harry shouted, grabbing his angry friend by the shoulders and staring him in the eyes. “You need to calm down... Just take a deep breath.” Louis knew that he sometimes got a little out of control with his anger, so he didn't try to fight Harry's orders for once.

But anyway, so yeah, they had found their guy.

Yeah they thought they caught him.

But as quickly he had come he had gone, leaving them with the information that he wasn’t the only one. There were four others, just like him. And it was their job to stop them. This was the case that they had been destined to be assigned? Is that what this whole thing was about?

It was becoming too relevant too fast that this was going to be much more difficult than anything they have faced. Should have realized it wasn’t going to be that easy when they found that Jay character on the first day. When is something they get sent down for ever that easy?

Especially when it’s supposed to be one of the biggest things they’ve ever had to tackle.

“Look Lou, I have no idea who, or what, that thing was. But it’s alive. And obviously a lot stronger than we expected.” Harry said. “And you flipping a shit about Niall’s damn knife isn’t going to find him, or any of the other demon buddies he mentioned. We need to get back upstairs. Tell the others what we’re dealing with.”

“Do we even know what we’re dealing with?” Louis asked, turning to him as he rolled his shoulders back, obviously trying to shrug off the pain and injuries that Jay had left them with. Harry let out a sigh and shook his head.

“I don’t know mate, but it’s a lot worse than we expected. That’s for sure.” he said. Louis just let out a breath and bent down to pick up the pieces of the broken dagger on the floor. “Should bring this back… see if we can have Niall fix it. It may not work on him, but it’s gotta be useful eventually.”

Harry nodded in agreement.

“So, you’re alright?” Harry asked after a few minutes of silence. Despite Louis’ attitude at the moment, and the fact that they just had the biggest news dropped on their heads since the day they were born, the most important thing to both of them was each others safety. Not to mention Niall, Zayn, and Liam’s as well.

Louis looked to him and gave a little smirk.

“C’mon mate.” He chuckled. “I don’t care who this guy thinks he is, it’s going to take more than that to do any damage on me.”

His eyes suddenly began to glow, changing to a much brighter blue than they originally were. His tan skin radiated for a moment or two and then it stopped, his figure taking back it’s normal human like appearance, except the few scrapes and drops of blood that had been on his face now gone.