Chapter 1

{picture of Ryen}

"So in the end you do actually like him, don't you?" Jade asks, smirking slightly as I throw a chip at her.

"How many times do you have to ask this?" I roll my eyes.

"Why do you have to answer every question with another question?" She throws one of her chips at me.

"You just answered my question with a question Jay." I say, frowning at the small chip that she threw onto my lap.

"Shut up." She says with a straight face, but giggles afterwards.

"Y'know Ryen, if you weren't so stubborn he might actually like you back." She winks at me.

"Jay come on! I don't like him, and even if I wasn't stubborn he wouldn't like a girl like me." I mumble the last bit to myself.

"I heard that," She whispers.

Jaydon Addez, the guy I supposedly have a 'crush' on according to Jade.

Crush is such a bad word. As if they made it the word crush, knowing that they will crush your dreams when they fall for someone else. Life is cruel.

"Okay Ryen I'm leaving you now. I've got to go to class. Wish me luck!" She rushes down the hall and into her math class, apparently they have a test, and I have the same one next week.

Yay.

"Ms. Holland, shouldn't you be heading to class?" My chemistry teacher taps me on the shoulder. I stare at her weirdly, it's the middle of lunch.

Yeah because Jade would go to class half way through lunch.

I look around to see nobody here, I'm just sat in the hallway, staring at nothing.

Fair enough.

"Yes Ms., I guess I just lost track of time.... And zoned out completely." I sigh, standing up.

After almost falling over running to my locker, I finally make it to my science class, my teacher staring at me weirdly as I enter the classroom, looking like I had just ran a marathon.

"Welcome Ms. Holland, how was your...run?" Mr. Lyle - my science teacher - asks.

I smile slightly. "It was great, but I must say that I'm a little out of shape. Maybe I should run more often." I play along with his little joke.

He nods, then continues teaching the class.

•-• / •-• / •-•

"Oi, Ryen, I don't understand this question." Luca taps my shoulder, looking at my work.

"Dude, what the hell I'm like 4 questions behind you, ask someone else." I say, slightly annoyed that everyone was always ahead of me.

"Is it that time of month?" He whispers.

I gasp.

What? No.

"Luca, that's none of your business, but to answer your question, no. Ask Alice, I think that's her name anyway."

"It's not Alice, it's Emma." He chuckles.

"Okay, that's nice dear. Now if you don't mind, I would like to not be so behind in my work."

Okay so the drama hasn't started yet.

Yettttttt.

-Daisy xo