Chapter 1: The Beginning

You would think that people would start to believe in mythological creatures, but you mortals just don't pay attention to your surroundings. Most people don't have the imagination. When I grew up I thought I was normal but on my 13th birthday it turns out I'm a mermaid. Oh but that's just the half of the story.

Hey y'all, My name is Annabelle and I'm a mermaid. My family and friends call me Anna for short. And before y'all start asking yes my parents are merpeople as well. My parents always home schooled me until now. School is starting and this is not only my first year going to a mortal school but also my first year in high school. Well now i know to stay away from water during school, But what i didn't know was that my first day was going to be super hectic.

Getting up from bed, to getting my clothes and getting into the shower for my first day. Thirty minutes later I'm out and dressed. Wearing my new blue aeropostale v-neck t-shirt and my favorite blue skinny jeans with my new high heal black boots. Wearing my hair with natural curls letting the wetness of my hair leave my hair looking like its dark auburn color. When its a mix of blonde and brown. Looking at myself in my full length mirror, and decided I looked good before heading down stairs. Walking into the kitchen to see mom cooking breakfast and looks delicious.

After eating I tell my parents goodbye and they wish me luck. I know most 13 year old's don't have cars well I do. I get into my Dodge unveils 2010 Viper SRT10 and drive to school. I love cars and I love racing most girls don't but oh well. I get to school 20 minutes early. Getting out of my car, I got stares all over the place.

As I walk into the school's doors, I see the office on the right. Going into the office I see two more girls in the office speaking with the women at the desk. They were both my height and with green colored eyes. The difference between us would only be our hair color and facials. I walk into the office and again everyone is looking at me. Gosh something must be wrong with me. “Hello miss, I'm Rosalie Durante the head master of the school also known as the principal, how can I help you?” The lady at the desk said. “Hello Mrs. Durante, I'm Annabelle but you can call me Anna.” I said. And continued. “I'm a new student here and was here for my schedule.” “Oh yes, Ms. Hernandez, nice to meet you, please sit down.” she said. I went to the chairs where the other two girls were siting and sat at the only one available.

“Hello, I'm Jezebel and this is my best friend Liz.” said Jezebel. She had light brown hair with red in it. Liz had red hair but with a shine to it I never saw before. Both girls look like models. I wonder if that's why everyone was staring at me. “Hi I'm Anna nice to meet you.” right then after I finished Mrs. Durante came in with my schedule. “Here ya go miss, I hope you enjoy it here at The Olympus Academy.” she said. “Thank you.” I replied. I started checking out my classes when the girls came up to me and asked to see my schedule. I handed it to Liz and she skimmed through it with Jezebel. “Well looks like you have us for your morning half so just keep with us and you'll do fine.” Jezebel said. I just nodded to what she was saying.

“Well here's is our mythology class and our lockers are right over here.” Jezebel said point to it. “Might as well get your books all settled before class, come on you two.” she said dragging me and Liz with her right across the hall. I noticed Liz keeps staring at me, and it was really getting on my nerves. “Yea?” I told her. “Oh sorry, I didn't.. I didn't mean to stare, I was wondering what you know about this school?” she said with the curiosity in her voice and I can tell Jezebel wanted to know too.

“Not much just that it's an academy that my parents are sending me too so I can meet other.. people.” I hesitated at the end I was gonna say mortals but they don't seem like mortals to me but what do I know about mortals. Nothing ha-ha. “Oh..” they both replied. Then Liz begins to talk. “Anna, you should know this isn't just an ordinary school.” she paused and Jezebel began in her absence. “It's a school for the gods and other mythological creatures that are in the world, that haven't yet controlled themselves around the mortals.” she finished. I cant believe it, I'm in a school with other creatures... I thought they didn't exist.. I think I going to throw up but I contained it.

“What exactly are y'all?” I asked kind of scared. “I'm a vampire.” said Jezebel first. “And I'm a fairy.” said Liz. “What are you?” she asked. “I'm a mermaid.” I replied. “OMG THATS SO COOL!!” they both yelled. We fixed our books in our lockers and was getting ready to turn and go to class, when I bumped into someone staring at me. “Excuse, my bad sorry about that, wont happen again.” he said. Talk about the tall, dark and handsome ha-ha. He has these most beautiful eyes like a clear midnight sky. “Who was that?” I asked. “That was the gorgeous god himself, that's Luther Aphrodite son.” Jezebel said.