If This Little Finger Doesn't Have The Strength

A/N: the full title of this chapter is actually "If This Little Finger Doesn't Have The Strength, Then I'm Scared That This Bird's Back Bone Breaks" but SOMEBODY [glares at wattpad] says it's too long and it cant save. bruh. title from Los Campesinos!'s "Hello Sadness". also this chapter its a bit haphazard yikes soz

At 7 P.M., Chris and Ashe headed out from their room and down the hall, across the day room, and to the cafeteria. There were already a few people sitting down eating, some talking. Ashe felt the color drain from her face and felt sick to her stomach.

"You okay?" Chris asked, noticing Ashe's change in demeanor.

"Oh, uh..." Ashe kept quiet. "Well... I just... don't like to... eat." She said quietly.

Chris sighed and grabbed Ashe's left hand with her own and placed her right over them. "It'll be difficult as hell, but I'll help you. Just come to the food line and get something to eat."

Ashe let out a shaky sigh. "Okay..."

Chris smiled and let go of Ashe's hand then led the way to the food line. The two got into the shortest line. Ashe got the smallest salad she could see and Chris reached for a sandwich and put it on a plate. Ashe followed Chris from the food line to the utensils and grabbed a fork and a few napkins. Chris smiled at Ashe and turned on her heel and walked to a table. Ashe followed Chris briskly to a table with only one person at it.

The person was short with an undercut, the hair on top of their head was dyed a brilliant red, it reminded Ashe of Gerard Way.

Chris set her tray down across from the person, whom was looking at Ashe, and sat down. Ashe sat down to Chris's left.

"Lili, this is Ashe, she's a new patient here." Chris said. "Lili, Ashe, Ashe, Lili."

Lili smiled at Ashe. "Hey, nice to meet you. What are your pronouns?"

Ashe smiled. "She/they, you?"

Lili shrugged. "Whatever's fine, most use she/her."

At this time, three more people came to sit down. A short redhead, an even shorter brunette with long hair and a shorter haired brunette.

"Introduce yourselves! This is Ashe." Chris piped up.

"I'm Opal." Said the short haired brunette.

"I'm Lauren." Said the redhead

"I'm Maddie, Lauren's girlfriend." The long haired brunette said.

Ashe smiled at them. "Hey."

Two more girls carrying their trays approached the table next to where Ashe was sitting. Chris turned around to them. "Hey guys, meet Ashe. She's new."

The dark skinned girl with curly black hair smiled. "Hey! I'm Theresa!" She said enthusiastically.

The pale girl with dyed dark red hair smiled as well. "I'm Mackenzie."

Ashe smiled. "Nice to meet you two."

Four boys walking in a group sat at the table with Mackenzie and Theresa. Chris grabbed Ashe and got up to introduce her. "This is Ashe, she's new, introduce yourselves immediately." She demanded.

The extremely tall curly haired brunette laughed. "I'm Caleb, this is my boyfriend, Ethan." He pointed to the slightly shorter blonde next to him.

"Yo, I'm Xander." The black dude with a tall haircut said.