Smile

I never realized, until today, how powerful a smile can be.

I smile at people just out of courtesy. It's thank you, of sorts, to the custodians that keep the school clean. It's a reminder to people to cheer up. It's also a way to show that you're not too intimidating. Or b*tchy, I look b*tchy when I'm really not *whispers* at the moment.

Stupid as it may sound, a guy smiled at me today... Oh wait, twice. It was just a simple, friendly smile, no flirting. And it made me smile back. True, it doesn't take a lot to make me smile, but... those smiles made me feel good. They gave me some energy. I've had a pretty tiring week and today was just killer- two test, work, and a sleepless night. Honestly, this is the most stress I've had since high school. It's still no fun.

Sorry, I'm getting off topic.

The point is smile at someone. It doesn't have to be a full grin, teeth and all. It just has to be a small tilt of the edges of your lips. If that's too much, I have my really shy days too, just nod your nod. Almost like a bow.

I think it would make someone's day if you smiled at them. And if someone snaps at you for smiling, I hope that person feels guilty to the point where their chest tightens. But smile at someone else. I think it would make you feel better too.

With love,

J