Left on my own

When my mom had my sisters and I she was young about 16, so she couldn't take care of us on her own my dad had left her to raise four kids on her own. I don't remember much, but apparently my dad asked who wanted to go to the gas station with him my sister Elizabeth wanted to go, my sister Eileen stayed with my mom, I was to young to talk I was a baby. My dad never came back with Elizabeth, so my mom was left to raise three kids on her own. My mom took us to our Uncle Rob's, we stayed there for a while. Uncle Rob wanted to keep us but he knew that if my dad or my mom came back for us he would have to give us up and he couldn't do that. He didn't want to get attached to us and then have to give us up to one of them. He knew the only way he could keep us safe from them was to take us to the DHR, and maybe we would have a happy life with a nice family. My Aunt Carol wanted to keep us and take the chance.I remember watching Pocahontas at his house as a kid with my sister Eileen. So my mom put us up for adoption at the DHR in Alabama. It was just me and my sister Eileen for a while, but my dad and his wife Tina got caught with a meth lab in the house with her. Elizabeth got taken away and gladly she was put in the same foster family as Eileen and me. Foster care was hell I don't remember much because I was so young, but what I do remember will make you cry and angered at the same time. I have not shared my story to many people just people that are close to me. See my dad was probably one of the worst dad you could imagine, the stereotypical deadbeat dad. He lied to us and made promises he knew he could never keep. My dad would tell us he would come see us and never show up or he would say he was going some where and never come back. So I learned to never get my hopes up when he told me something. My mom was glad in a way that he left, she told me she was tired of having to sleep on top of her purse when she went to bed, afraid he would steal her money. It wasn't fair to her or him that she couldn't trust him at all. So I guess it was for the best for the both of them, I mean they never even got married. What is the point of being together if you can't have trust.