01. No More Summer

[Song: Intro (My Everything) - Ariana Grande]

Ariana's POV:

First day back from summer is today. Not that it matters to me, I already have all the homework done so I don't really need to worry about that. But I do have to worry about bullies and covering up bruises... Like always.

Can't really blame them. I seem to have taken to roll of 'the schools biggest loser' with my small body of 5'1, nerdiest glasses and let's not forget my velvet red hair. Basically I stand no chance towards the cheerleaders who are like at least 5'7 and have incredibly good looks.

Like my ex best friend, Lexi Summers. And before you curios bastards ask yes, Lexi is her real name. No Alexa, Alexis, Alexandra whatever you think, no.

You see we were best friends in kindergarten and then school and popularity was suddenly more important than friends for her, the classic story that you hear all the time.

Not that I need her anymore... I have Valerie. Valerie Winters if I have to say the whole name. Like their last names, they are the opposite. I'm so thankful for her, she doesn't care that I'm not popular or doesn't look like the others. She care about me for me. If that makes sense?

Then there is the schools fuckboy as I like to call him, Justin Bieber. The literally most annoying person in the world. He hook up, leave and then make fun of the fooled girl.

I don't feel sorry for then though, they got themselves in the mess. Should be easy to get themselves out.

"Mom, if I don't get in time to math because you are taking so long fucking time then it is you who take the blame." I shouted to my mom who was still up stairs while I'm down here by the door ready to leave, I thought the mom was supposed to yell at the kid for taking to much time.

"Ariana! Don't swear in my house hold. And please loosen up a bit, you'll be there even if you are a little late." She said walking down.

I was never mommy's little girl as you can tell. As a matter of fact I think my brother Frankie fit that place better than me, I don't blame them for having trouble with me though. I'm a clumsy, awkward twat with too much negativity coming out of my mouth all the time. But I've never had a reason to be different than that, no one cares. So why hope and be positive if it doesn't help.

And that's what I need, help.

They don't know about the things happening in school. The commenting, the laughing, the bullying. I've kept it all secret.

I looked out the window of our car. I've never really experienced high school because I can't. It's a thing you do with friends, I don't have friends excluding Val.

But she has her hopes and dreams too, I can't keep her with me at all time.

"Okey, I'll see you after dinner sweetie. I will be home late." Mom said and I jumped out giving her a small smile and waved.

I felt someone giving me a hug from behind. "Hiiiii. Oh my god, it was so long time ago. Like, before break. Aahh, I missed you so much!" Valerie said and turned me around.

"Hi Val." I smiled awkwardly and put a piece of hair behind my ear. "Let's go to our lookers, we're already late." I said and started walking.

"Oh no, I've actually already gotten my books but you'll get going. Don't worry I have some friends I haven't talked to yet." She stated with a smile and walked the other way.

I sighed, there was that.

I went up to my locker and took the stuff I needed. After putting my backpack in I closed it and ran down the hall.

"Ow!" I fell to the floor. Great who is it now.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you I was trying to find math class and didn't... Look." The stranger said then obviously saw me explaining the pause.

"Go ahead and laugh, it doesn't matter really." I said dusting of my clothes.

He bent down and started helping me picking up my books. "No I wasn't going to laugh. Your really beautiful." He smiled.

My head went up in shock and I looked at him for the first time. He had caramel brown eyes with his own pair of nerdy glasses, moles everywhere and really good hair.

I let out a nervous laugh. "I- eh. No one's ever called me beautiful." I said.

We both stood up and I got my books. "Well they should, I'm Dylan." He smiled and stuck out his hand.

"I'm Ariana." I said and shook it. "I'm actually going towards math class, if you need help I could show you?"

"Sure. That'd be really cool." He said and we walked down the corridor towards class.

;;

Hope you liked the chapter! I'm really exited for this story.

xo, honeybabies-