What are you afraid of?

Let me start off by saying, my name is Madelynn. I live in a little shit-shack near the center of Morrowbrooke. It's a pretty okay little town; we've got some food, a little bit of water that isn't contaminated with shit that'll inevitably end your life, and there's people here that aren't walking corpses. It's pretty cool once you get past the sociopathic asshats who think they run the whole fuckin' place.
No. There wasn't a zombie outbreak.
I know someone would probably think that at this point, but I would've preferred a zombie outbreak over the bullshit that happened. At least I could've died a badass when chances are I won't live past thirty here. I'll probably die of starvation, like. Fuck me.
I'll go from the beginning, I guess. Basically the short of it is some crazy fucked up scientists who work for some secret association decided to make some serum and kill everyone who didn't submit, there was a huge uprising, I'm pretty sure someone jumped off of a fuckin' building during one of the marches because they've come to face reality we were doomed from the beginning. I swear, certain people are proof we've failed as a species.
It took a while to reach us. When people were dropping dead behind the counters of the shady gas station down the block, we knew we were about to get wiped from existence. Except somehow people couldn't keep it in their pants and decided to repopulate the town and fight off the virus, cliché shit that I'm not willing to go over. I wish my dad would've just used a god damn condom so I wouldn't have been born into this living hole of past regrets.
Wow, I got really sidetracked there. Jesus.
Anyways.
Weird shit started to happen after a couple of weeks when they rebuilt civilization here. People started developing really unreasonable fears over the dumbest little things. A woman would just be standing in line for a fucking Subway sandwich and start screaming bloody murder. When they'd try to calm her down she'd say she had a fear of bread, like motherfucker, really? It started to get depressing that people were like, afraid to go outside because of these random misconceptions that kept popping up.
Of course, to top my unbelievably ceremonious welcome into what will be the most torturous years of my life, I developed a really shitty thing as well that I'm not going to mention.
Like, ever. Don't even worry about it.
So it makes my life a lot harder when I look up and realize that my fear was just triggered. It's like getting dropkicked in the nose. You don't expect it and you think, "How the fuck did that just happen disregarding all basic laws of science?" For real. How the hell would you dropkick someone in the nose? If you know how to do that, tell me. I've got a bit of a thing against this one shady ass motherfucker who thought it'd be a good idea to steal some of my shit.
Now I basically just hang around groups of people, mainly alongside my friend Jake who's nothing but a ball of social anxiety. Fan-fucking-tastic, am I right?
Later on, I'll take you in depth of what usually happens around the town. The people in it, what goes on, who dies, and I'll even show you a few love triangles that've happened over the years.
No.  There's no sex, you fucking creep.
It's literally the apocalypse, put your dick back in your pants.
But that should conclude the summary of why God hates this town and all of the people in it. We're all fuckasses just barely making it by in life - and I mean that literally. Half of the people in this town are lucky they haven't died yet. That sounded bad - but I have no time to give a shit. Onto the first day of when everything went to utter ass.