Prologue

He walked briskly through the dark streets of New York with a smirk plastered across his face. His mood was great, and this was particularly rare for a man like him with anger issues. Sometimes, when he was angry, he would smash things across the wall, or maybe even throw a knife. Three people already issued a restraining order against him, but luckily he never saw them again.

Police sirens cut through his thoughts like a blade. His eyes turned dark, as he realized that ambulances and police cars were parked on his driveway. His stomach judo flipped. He ran the rest of the way home, and pushed past an officer who tried to block his way. Immediately, when he stepped into his house, he heard splashing where he stepped.

He looked down and saw something which made his heart freeze. Blood. It lead to a bedroom. He slowly walked there, fists raised instinctively. When he pushed the door open, he wished he hadn't. On the left wall was blood splattered across the walls, and same on the floor. On his right was more flecks of blood, but they were scarce compared the his left. And in the middle...two elderly people lay, holding hands. Blood seeped from their chests and heads. A woman and a man. His parents. The people who had cared for him the most.

When he was about to let a sob escape, he felt strong hands grab hold of his shoulders. He roared and pushed the police officer to the ground, soaking his clothes in ruby red blood. He knelt down beside his parents, and tried to bring them back. He screamed their names...but it was useless.

Voices which shouted for him to get out were drowned by his own sorrow. He felt sick. He swore he'd get whoever did this...

Finally three pairs of arms clutched his tightly and blindfolded him. He knew it was for his own good. The fresh air hit him like a hammer pressed onto his face. His good mood was whisked away with his parents to a place which would never be found ever again.