Jimin and Taehyung?

It's the first day of school. I walk into my math class and stare at the seating chart on the board. Oh. My. God. I stand there in shock, feeling mixed emotions. Happy? Nervous? Excited? Scared? All of those. This was the seating chart for table 8.

1. Jimin P.

2. Jessica L.

3. Taehyung K.

4. Jocelyn Q.

I read the list over and over again. I couldn't believe it. Park Jimin. Park Jimin is assigned to sit in the same table as me. Do I like him? No. I can't like him. I don't want to like anyone. I just get excited over this kind of stuff. I mean, he will never like me as more than a friend. I push that thought to the back of my head. I'm Jessica, I don't get crushes.

I sat down on the table in excitement. Then, Jimin walks in and looks at the board, and sits down at my table.

"Hey, Jimin." I say to him in a casual tone.

"Oh, hey Jessica." He replies.

How well do we know each other? Not well. We've been in the same middle school for 3 years, but other than that, we only knew each others names. To avoid silence, I try to make conversation.

"So, what language are you taking this year?" I asked him.

"Oh, I'm taking Chinese 1. I took Japanese last year, but I decided to switch to Chinese because it seems like more people speak it and I have a lot of Chinese friends. They tease me in Chinese so I need to prepare myself, haha."

"You're not Chinese? I thought you were."

"Nope, I'm Korean.

"Oh really? I'm taking Korean 1! And I took Japanese last year too! I switched because of Kpop and K-dramas!!! Ahh sorry for fangirling" I said as I tried to calm myself from thinking about my favorite groups.

"No, it might seem weird for guys, but I watch dramas and listen to k-pop too. I actually like to sing and dance to a lot of K-pop songs. And I can help you on your Korean, if you want."

"Then I can help you on your Chinese." I replied and he smiles.

At that moment, Jocelyn walks in and squeals as she sees the board.

"Jessica!" She screams, and I turn around and see one of my best friends. Oh my god. She's in my table! How could I not notice?

"HI JOCELYN!!!" I yell back and approach her to give her a hug. We both sat down on our table with Jimin.

"Wow, Jessica, how come I didn't get that reaction when I got here? We went to the same middle school too, you know." Jimin teased. He turned to Jocelyn and said, "Hi, I'm Jimin."

"I'm Jocelyn." Jocelyn says shyly. Yes, when I first met her, I thought she was quiet, but honestly, I learned that she talks even more than I do.

"Hmm, where's Taehyung?" Jimin asked aloud.

Right when the bell rings, a boy runs into the room, with bowl-cut hair, green leather jacket, and skinny jeans.

"Sorry I'm late, teacher!" He says as he bows. I smiled at that. I never seen a student bow to their teacher in real life, only in dramas. The boys smile was so wide, and he had a cutesy, baby face. He approached our table.

"Aigoo, V. I told you to try to come on time for the first day of school." Jimin said.

"You know me, Jimin. I am famous for my late fashion." V said in a low voice, which really surprised me because his voice changed from an upbeat, 5-year-old voice, into a really low, Darth-Vader voice. He sat down on the last chair.

"Oh wait, that seat is Taehyung's seat." I said politely.

Both Jimin and V chuckle.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm Taehyung, but everyone calls me... V!!!" He said dramatically.

"Oh, sorry." I said embarrassed.

"What are your names?" V asks us.

"I'm Jessica."

"I'm Jocelyn."

"Hmm... Jessica, Jocelyn, Jimin, and... V." V says. "I feel like the fourth wheel already."

"No, don't be! You're close with Jimin! How do you guys know each other?" I ask.

"Oh, we're friends from our dance school." Jimin explains.

"OH MY GOD You guys dance?! That's so cool! I like dancing to K-pop, haha" I said enthusiastically.

"You can dance with us after school, Jessica" V says.

"WAIT NO. I'm really bad, can I just watch you guys?" I ask.

"Sure! Jocelyn, do you want to come?" Jimin says. Okay, that made me feel weird. Why is Jimin inviting Jocelyn? Well I guess he didn't want to leave her out. I don't know why but I don't really want her to come. Well, maybe I do know why.

"Sorry, I'm busy after-school." She says.

"Aww noooo. What are you doing?" He asks.

Why is he so concerned? I mean if she's busy, just leave her out. I pause. Wait. She's my best friend. Why am I like this?

"Actually, sure! Can we get Starbucks after?!" She says. My face scrunches up. I don't like Starbucks and she knows that.

"Sure, I'll get Starbucks but V prefers boba, he doesn't really like Starbucks." Jimin explains.

"Perfect! Jessica doesn't like Starbucks either. She and V can go get boba while we get Starbucks!"

I immediately start to hate my best friend. What is she trying to do? She looks at me and winks, as if she just did something good for me. I turn my head because I'm too angry and I see V smiling. As soon as our eyes meet, I notice he tries to hide it.

"Ooo, hehe. You like boba too? Boba is life!" He exclaims.

"Yeah!" I say and give him a high-five. I look back a Jimin and notice that he was staring toward our direction. I also notice and Jocelyn was back into her shy mode and didn't talk. Great. Now I am in charge of holding up this conversation. Until-

"Jessica, do you have a Facebook? I mean, I'm not that good at math and you seem smart so if I have questions, can I message you?" V asks me.

"Yeah, sure" I say casually. He hands me his phone and I type in my name and sent a friend request to myself.

"Thanks" V says, and smiles really widely. Before I hand him back his phone, I noticed that he had a text he forgot to check, which was sent 5 minutes ago, from Jimin.

"Oh, and you got a text--" I stopped short as I read the message. Jimin snaps his head towards us and snatches V's phone out of my hands, his face red. Did I just read that correctly?