Liberty

6-6-2552, UWSC Pride Of Liberty, In orbit above Earth 

"All we know is its dangerous, whatever it is, and that it's not penguin in nature." There was a pause as the Captain stared off into the blackness of space. "No one in the out colonies asked for this. We need  means to stop it....now. What ever it, is."

At this point everybody was staring at Captain Gallis, knowing that this was bad. Riots have been raging asking why these colonies have gone dark. The number was staggering and rising faster then when the Penguins attacked the outer colonies, even the strongest ones. New Eagle, Meridian, Zealous, Genesis, Atlantis. All colonies hit by this....darkness. Nothing left, as far as anyone knows.

"Has the Secret-Intelligence-Agency sent in drones yet? I mean they should of done it at first chance they got." Vince said. "But its the SIA, knowing them they probably don't care."

"Exactly Commander" He said pointing his finger at Vince. "They don't know how to play there own game. The SIA is an overarching name to a group of agencies such as the United Earth Defense, and the Colony Rehabilitation Agency. All working under the SIA name, but there is one agency that would send in the drones. The Office of Naval Intelligence of course but knowing ONI just as well as the SIA....ONI wont share anything. I mean the Warrior-1 project wasn't know about for six years. Now your a warrior-4, for all we know there are already plans in place for Warrior-5 or 6 even. Especially knowing the amount of information and technology we have gained from Precursor installations. But I digress." He walked around a small table sitting in the middle of the dark room. "This is whats left of a planet called Athena. Used to be a mining colony at the edge of the system. Lien Interplanetary's main objective is to re-build colonies iced by the Penguins back in the Battle of the Outer Colonies." 

"Yeah they work hundreds of operations across dozens of planets, even cleaned up a couple of Inner Colonies. They have access to UWSC resources in order to protect themselves in case the New Alliance decides to show up again, or in the event of an attack from a Penguin Faction. We give them tons of weapons, ships, tanks." Vince said as he walked up to the holotable. "If you ask me, they should just have a Warrior Fireteam assigned to them."

"And that's where I come in." A figure of a blue civil war soldier appeared on the table and spoke in a loud cheerful manner. "Lien has a couple of....high ranking people they "know" well. In fact we have enough Intel to easily take down there cooperation. But, the UWSC needs them for operations, we are busy enough trying to keep the penguins at bay. See, see what I did there?" He said cocking his head slightly. "Okay then I will continue. Some how, some way. They convinced some higher up to get your team on to the planet for a quote unquote 'Expedition to explore what remains of a highly classified mining operation on the planet of Athena." Which I assume means there is either something important there that the 'High Ranking Officer" was wanting to find in the first place. Or Lien just thinks chipping Ice away all day is 'Highly Classified'. But if you ask me, they know something we don't. But as a top notch tier three A.I. I can say that I have maybe done some snooping and Lien definitely has some issues. Credits going to unknown places some just disappearing, and I also have found that they have put in a slightly large more credits into Athena then other operations like ones on Washington and New California. And by slightly larger I mean billions of credits. They were running more then just a mining operation there. They could of been doing anything from building highly advanced star ships to running illegal experiments on precursor technology and not telling the UWSC. My guess, the ladder. I also have the slip drive spun up and ready for slip stream jump to Athena as this is where the conversation is going I believe."

"You would be correct Chrome. Vince have the rest of Fireteam Falcon ready. Your mission find what was actually going on down there. I have a Robin already prepped for full combat pursuit ready in docking bay eleven. You will also have Fireteam Domino for assistance. As well as air support."

"Yes, sir." And Vince walked out the door of the bridge and disappeared into the elevator.

"Chrome, prepare jump in five. All hands, brace for slip stream jump. Destination, the tropical ice world of Athena."