Chapter 6: Popsicles

Boruto was in the living room playing his on his video game console when he heard a loud knock on the door.

He ignored it and kept button- mashing. "Brother! Go answer the door!". Himawari called from the kitchen.

" Yo! Open up it's Shikadai!" More knocking. Himawari came running to the door. Boruto gave her a questioning look and turned his game off.

'That's a first.' The eight year old
smiled as she twisted the knob, pulled the door open, and hugged Shikadai before he could even speak.

"What the fuck!?" Boruto screamed as he woke up. He looked around. "Thank God it was just a dream..."

Himawari busted his door open and shouted. "You awake, Brother?!"

He groaned and threw back his sheets, and stretched. "Mitsuki and Sarada are here." His sister left to go do chores or something like that.

Boruto ran to the bathroom and washed his face. For once in his life, he attempted to comb his hair. It was painful.

He finally managed to get his "ahoge" (part of his hair that sticks up. Literally means foolish hair.) to stay flat. Then he quickly threw on his clothes and ran downstairs.

He saw Sarada and Himawari were chatting, and Mitsuki was playing on his video game system. Mitsuki stood up. "Let's go to the park!"

"Seriously dude, we're fourteen."
He crossed his arms and smiled. "But...that does sound like a good idea. Let's go."

"Boruto, sweetie?" Hinata walked out of the laundry room. "Please stay for breakfast. Your sister is cooking waffles."

Sure enough, when the three sat down at the table, they were each served a hot plate of waffles. Boruto's had blueberries, Sarada's had strawberries, and Mitsuki's were drizzled in syrup.

"Mmm!" Mitsuki shouted with a mouthful of waffles. "Dude sheefs a goob cook." Himawari grinned and blushed.

"Yes, thank you. This is delicious, Himawari." That was all that Sarada said.

Once they devoured their waffles, the three sent to the park as planned.

Sarada just sat on a bouncy animal-looking thing looking bored as hell. "I don't see why I had to come along for this..."

Boruto thought of something that might actually be fun. He leaned all cool-like against the bouncy animal's head. "Wanna ride on that spinny thing over there?" She couldn't resist his sweet, playful smile.

Mitsuki was already over there waiting for them. He sat on the carousel displaying a smile brighter than 1,000 Suns.

Sarada carefully climbed onto the contraption as Boruto began to spin them. "Woohoo!" Mitsuki cheered as he held onto the bars.

Soon, the turbulence became too much for Sarada, and she couldn't hold on any longer. She flew right into Misuki, and knocked Boruto over as well.

All three were giggling and laughing. 'Why don't we do things like this more often?' Boruto wondered as he helped his friends stand up.

Then, they all heard a nearby ice cream truck. Boruto and Mitsuki rushed over to buy Popsicles and such, but Sarada had left her money at home.