Chapter 2

2003
I am now 17 years old and ready to get out of this town. To many bad memories to stay. But I'm getting better, but not my brother. Ever since the accident, he has not been good. He was only 3 years old when it happened. And now, a teenager, he hates the world. He doesn't think I know, but he steals some of uncles beers. We are now living with my Uncle Jacob, and I'm, sort of, happy. Except for the fact that me and boyfriend just broke up. I was so upset, but I was the one who broke it off. His name Anthony, he was a jock with the reputation. He would always said, "We are meant to be together, remember that." I really did not think that he really thought that, but then one night I saw him outside my window, watching me sleep. So the next morning I broke it off because it was getting to intense, but my best friend ,Lucy, was there to support me, and thought it was the best for me if I broke things off. Anthony has not talk to me since, all he does now is give me the death stare a couple of times, but I usually ignore him. There is this new kid, he name is Alec Collins. He is in 12th grade with me and is in all of my classes, which usually never happens. He is tall, has dark brown (almost black) hair, with bright blue eyes, with a hint of grey. And he is really cute, but one day, out of the blue, he walks up to me and asked me out. I had no reason to say no or yes, so I told him I would think about it. I mean all I knew about him is that he is really good at history, and stares at me a lot, and he has the most beautiful smile. So the next morning, I told Alec I would go out with him. There was only one problem Anthony overheard me say yes to Alec. He got really mad, he even threaten Alec serval times. He would say, "I will kick your ass, get away from her." All I could say was, "It is not your decision anymore who I go out with. Just leave me alone Anthony." I stormed off and Alec chased after me, and the first thing he asked me is, "Are you okay?" I responded with a simple yes. And then he asked me, "Why did he hate me for asking you out?" And I explained to him how me and Anthony used to go out. That got him silent. Then I asked him if he was okay, and he only nodded his head. So then I asked him, "Did I do something or say something that you did not like because I used to..." He pulls me in close by my waist, and then works his way up my body. By the way he touched me, it felt familiar, but that was impossible, right? When he finally got to my neck, I did not think, I just did want my gut said to do. So I leaned in and kissed him. This had to be the best kiss I have ever had. It was so deep and passionate, that I really could not describe it. When I pulled away, all I wanted was more, and I tried to stop myself, but then he pushed me against the wall and kissed me again and again. I did not want to stop, but I had to and all I could say is, "I will see you tonight."

So for our first date, Alec took me to the grill. We both got a burger and played pool for hours. We stayed there till the grill closed. After that he walked me home, asking about my life, and then he asked the question, "So... where are your parents?" So I explained to him about the car accident, and I even told him about the guardian angel stage. He kind of laughed, but not at me but with me. When we got to the house, he walked me up to my door, said goodnight, and started to walk away, but I ran after him, turned him around and kissed him hard and deep. I did not think, I just did. What was wrong with me? After I pulled away I finally said goodnight. As a closed the door, I stared at him and he stared back at me.

As I walked through the halls, the next day, everyone was staring at me. I did not know what I did. So I walked up to Lucy and she told me what happened. Anthony Henderson is what happened. He posted a picture of me flashing him onto the schools web page. Everyone, I mean everyone, looks at the web page every morning. I was horrified, all I could think is, Alec, fix things with Alec, go!!!! I found Alec in the library looking at that picture , and some how he knew that I was there and turned around to see me. I started to run. I ran out the front doors of the school, and I heard feet running after me, but I did not turn around, and when I did hopping for Alec to be there, but instead a brown bag was put over my head. I kicked the person on his/her legs, but they did not budge. Then I started to feel sleepy and fell down to the ground.

When I woke up a couple hours later, I did not know where I was. It was dark, and it smelled like rust. Oh no, I'm by water and it's close. I thought I was tied up, but when I looked at my hands, they were freed. I ran to the door on the other side of the room and found it was unlocked. So I pushed open the door and ran until I could not breathe. I knew where I was now. I was in the old fishing store by the river. It was about 2 miles away from the school. So I ran all the way back to school where we were in 7th period class, which for me is science, and Alec was in that class too. I had to tell him what happened. I had the office page him, and I could here footsteps running down the hall, and when I walked out into the hallway it was him this time. I know that it's sounds weird, but I ran up to him too, but then I collapsed again. Even though I was knocked out, I could still feel Alec pick me up, and for same reason it felt like we were flying, but when I opened my eyes, I was at the hospital. Why would think I would be flying? And when I looked over to the other side of the room, Alec was there. I was so excited I tried sitting up, but then I felt this pain in my stomach ,and I screamed so loud. Alec ran out the door and yelled for the doctors. Everything became burly. I saw doctors rushing in and out. All I could think about is, "I'm I dying?" I was not ready to die, I kept telling myself that.