Chapter 1

It was seven o'clock in the morning on a tuesday. It was raining outside and the only thing that could be seen was the coffee shop across the street. I was in my car debating whether or not to run to it and get soaked or just leave and get a mcdonalds coffee. I had to weigh my options out. Get the coffee that I want perfect and worth the eleven dollars, or go to mcdonalds and get a coffee that taste like water for two. This is why Los Angeles is such a difficult place to live in. There are many choices where you could enjoy a nice cup of coffee but you also want to look good while you drink it. Ugh.

After minutes of contemplating, I decided to make my run to the coffee shop. I jumped out of my car and ran across the road dodging a red van and dashed inside the door hearing a little chime. Heads turned and I blushed as I knew I looked like a wet turd. I walked over to the counter and ordered my usual: Iced caramel macchiato. While it was being made, I walked into the bathroom and dried what I could of myself with the super absorbent paper towels they had. After fixing my hair in the mirror, I walked back out and then grabbed my drink from the counter smiling at the man behind the counter. I walked to a booth and sat down and sighed softly and pulled my phone out looking at the time. I had to be at a job interview in an hour. I wanted to be ready and I guess getting soaked before hand wasn't a good idea.

I'm a current student at the University of California in Los Angeles and was majoring in music production. I am fairly good at what I do. We have many rooms in our department that were converted into recording studios. We have bands that come in and I help produce their music. I also took on helping the school radio. The job that I was going to an interview for was a radio station in the city that played today's hits. I was applying at KIIS 102.7. I loved doing radio at my school so I thought doing the radio for the general public wouldn't be that bad of a job.

A chime came from the door and I rose my head. My heart dropped suddenly and I began to feel very sick to my stomach. I did not like this feeling. I felt very panicky and did not want to be in this shop anymore. The person who came in the door wasn't just some stranger who had the same idea as me and get coffee (not that it was original) but the person who did was my ex boyfriend. I guess it isn't a bad thing but we had our up's and down's and I just didn't want to see him -- ever. To my surprise he hasn't noticed me either.

I kept watching him. He was wearing a white t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and black supras. He is 5'9" and his hair was short. He has must have recently cut it off because just a couple days ago his hair was longer. No I don't keep tabs on him. It's hard to get away from your ex boyfriend when this ex boyfriend of yours is Justin Bieber. Oh shut up. We dated back in 2012. He was just too immature for me and he cheated on me a lot and I just was not ready and will never be ready to be in an open relationship. What's mine is mine and should only be mine.

He was turning around so I immediately turned around and looked down at my phone. I began to sweat and my stomach turned. My ears felt as if they popped and I could not hear a thing but my heart beat which seemed to pound through my chest. I was caught. I knew it. I should have just stuck to my coffee and left the shop 10 minutes ago but no. Stupid me wanted to be lazy, drink coffee and text.

A hand grasped my shoulder and I closed my eyes.

"Hey!" I heard. I looked up from my phone and saw a wide eyed and surprised Justin.

"Hello," I spoke softly.

"You come here?" he asked like he comes here every day.

"Well, today is my last day," I said instantly regretting it because we know damn right I was not going to a damn mcdonalds for coffee. Oh hell naw.

"Damn, that sucks. I come here everyday. We could have made it a date and come here every day for coffee. I come here a lot." he says waving at the man behind the counter who was paying no attention.

"Yea, that does suck," I say. After that there was a few moments of unbroken silence. It killed me as I knew that Justin's eyes were plastered on me. I felt very nervous and uncomfortable. I never had this feeling of not feeling safe around him.

"How long are you going to be here?" he asks looking down at me.

I looked up at him. His eyes were stern and his lips were pressed together. They were dry and as i studied his face i noticed his jaw tensing up.

"Actually, I do have to go. I have a job to attend to."

"Oh cool, where at?" he asked shooting it as soon as I finished my sentence.

"I don't feel comfortable saying."

He tilted his head like a confused dog. I don't know where I went wrong with that sentence. It has been 4 years since the last time I saw or spoke to him and he expects me to act like nothing happened between us. It was a mutual break up. Justin was sort of an asshole at the time. He also cheated on me a lot and I wasn't down for that relationship. Why should I be treated like a piece of shit when all I did was work for our relationship?

"Would you mind coming to dinner with me?" he asked with a little hope in his eyes. I stood up and pulled my jacket that i took off earlier back on. I hate hurting people.

"I can't tonight," I say sternly.

"What about this friday?"

Fuck.

"Sure."

Fuck fuck fuck, what did i just say?

"Sounds good! I'll keep you in contact." He said grabbing his coffee and walked out of the shop and into the black suv that was parked out in the street. I watched him and I felt a strange feeling in my stomach. I didn't love him. I hated him, I really do. God, I need a drink.