chapter four

Flo POV (trying something new, don't kill me.) not edited!!!!!

It was odd for me, to finally be able to walk outside and breathe. To be able to set my two feet on the actual ground, and breathe in the scent of freshly cut grass - not the fake, candle kind - but, the real kind. It was amazing, getting to feel the slightly cold wind chip my face, causing my nose to go red. It was odd - but so amazing - to be able to walk out that hospital, for the first time in a month. 

I was finally extracted from the hospital precisely a week after my heart stopped. I don't remember much - except for the fight we all had, in my tiny hospital room - before I just stopped. I don't really remember much from the past week either, except for the fact Zayn never visited. Not even once.

It was to be expected, since I was - or, am - an ass to everyone around me. The doctor told her it was because of all the stress and fatigue the radiation and chemo put on her, but it was also due to the fact her anti-depressants weren't working as well as they should've been. The break-down everything had caused, pushed her body into even more stress, leading to her heart stopping for exactly 6.44444448 seconds (Niall apparently counted, while my parents freaked out and the nurses scurried around). Zayn had left shortly before everything happened.

Niall told me, "he's having a rough time, Flo. Lot's been happening," in his rough irish accent, trying to console my worries. I knew better though. I hurt him, for some reason. The reason? I don't know. But, I'm determined to fine out.

"You're happy?" My mother looked at me from the drivers seat. My father couldn't be there for my dispatch, due to work.

"A lot happier than I've been in a while, if that's what you're asking," I say softly, a tiny smile creeping up on my lips.

"That's good," my mother says, biting her lips and setting her eyes back on the road. I noticed her hands tighten around the steering wheel.

I was a good liar.

Apparently, so was she.

Lying in my bedroom, with a JK Rowling book in hand, I feel someone's presence in my door. My mother insisted for it to be open at all times, "for your safety," she had said. I knew it was just because she was worried. But hey, it was normal for Mom's to be worried. A little annoying, but it was normal. Setting my book down on my desk, I spin my chair around and look at the person standing in my door way.

"Yes?" I was confused. I hadn't thought he'd want to see me for at least a little while. He smirked, with his hands in his pockets before walking up to me and leaving a kiss on my forehead.

"How are you?" He says, as he leans on my desk. Smiling down at me, he quirks his eyebrow at me when I didn't answer.

"Fine," was the only coherent thing I could get past my lips. There were a million butterflies fluttering in my stomach, my heart was beating fast - and I really didn't know why. I decided it was just out of excitement and more so, confusion.

"Just fine?" His eyebrows knit together, his mouth turning into a pout.

"Now that you're here, I'm just magnificent," I giggle when he gives me a slight glare at my sarcasm.

Looking over him, I noticed slight bags under his eyes and slightly stubbed on his chin and around his jaw. He looked tired, but somehow - good. He looked good even when he was tired.

"Are you ok?" I ask him, reaching my hand out to his. He slightly moves away, rejecting me. I couldn't help but feel upset and disappointed at his reluctance. We were best friends - no, we are best friends - and, it shouldn't be like this.

"Yeah, just wanted to see if you were good." He nonchalantly looks out my window, suddenly mesmerized by the snow flakes fluttering around in the wind. I sit there quietly, looking down at my hands.

Why was he being like this? I hear him sigh, and I look back up to him. His brown eyes were boring into mine, almost like he was trying to look through me.

"Don't look at me like that," I say, frustration apparent in my voice. I didn't mean to be so cold, but he was staring at me too intently. He chuckles, and sits on my bed, his elbows on his knees and hands folded in front of him - almost touching mine.

"Like what?" His voice is filled with amusement, and his eyes are full of mischief. He was teasing me, but were still looking at me with too much intensity.

"Like that!" I throw my hands up in the air, before twirling in my chair and resting my elbows on my desk, and my head in my hands. I was so confused.

"You know," his voice startles me, his breath fanning my cheek. His front in pressed to my back, and his hands are resting before me on the desk. "You look cute, when you're angry." He chuckles, before pecking my cheek. I feel his warmth disappear, and can't help the disappointment and want that washes over me.

He spins my chair around, and leans over me, with his hands on the arm rest. "I like looking at you," his breath - scented of strawberries and cigarettes - fans over me. "You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my life, Flo." His words cause my heart to pound harder, and my hands to clam up.

"Yeah?'' My voice is weak, but the good kind. My voice slightly hoarse.

"Yeah," and then he does something I never thought he'd ever do. He kissed me.

♫♫♫♥♫♫♫

(A/N) I TOLD YOU ZAYN WOULD DO SOMETHING SPICY IN THIS CHAPTER ;) 

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT FLO'S POV AND IF I SHOULD KEEP ON STAYING WITH THAT OR WHAT IDK OK I LOVE YOU ALL

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT BC I REALLY LOVE THIS CHAPTER AND AM CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH A LOT OF ZAYN FEELS. POUTY ZAYN GIF ON THE SIDE BECAUSE ASDGHJKL

PS NOT EDITED

©2013 loushon