Introduction

English is not my first language. Sorry for any grammatical error and comments are appreciated. Thank you. Do follow my IG account zarra_jeffrey

London, 2035 [present day]

"Tower 41, this is Viper one six," I called approximately 5 minutes after I heard a loud explosion. I knew the connection device was broken, because I was the one who broke it at the first place. I also knew that nobody could answer me at that time. "Can anyone please hear me?"

But I was still trying in between my sobs and heavy breaths. The tube had stopped after it slowed down and I was relieved a little bit.

I brought down my head and continued to cry. I was in pain and it was nothing like I ever experienced before. I had been trained for any kind of injuries and dangerous situations but this one was different. I was not ready.

"A Cobra down, I repeat, a Cobra down," I muttered. "Please,"

I sighed as my eyes darted at the powerless body with a black leathered suit on, lying down about 2 meters away from where I was sitting while the wireless microphone in my fist. That was the only gadget I had with me. It was a communication device for all agents no matter which rank they were; Pythons, Vipers or even Cobras. We were all used the same microphone to communicate. The only difference was which tower we were talking to; in my case, it was Tower 41. That was the only tower Vipers were allowed to communicate with.

I tried to breathe normally and distract myself from the pain. I felt like I was being burnt from the inside and I wondered if this was part of hell's tortures. I really hoped that this was just a training, this wasn't real. This thing wasn't happening but hope was just a hope. My mind started to play tricks as it started to remind me about what I had before, and what I had lost on that day.

"We are so proud of you!"

"You did a great job!"

"You're the best, sixteen!"

"I know I can count on you"

I could still hear them, cheering my soul each time I was at the peak of my achievements. I didn't know why I played those memories back inside my mind. Maybe I was trying to remind myself about who I was.

I was not a regular people. I was somebody.

There was nothing I couldn't do. I was a very fast runner. I ran 20 second faster than the highest record ever recorded in the agency. I was excellent in using my senses; sight, touch, hear, taste, smell, which was the thing that had advancing me from just a Python to a Viper. That was one of my abilities. That was what I was well known of.

One thing about me; I wasn't born that good. I learnt through time and I worked so hard to get that position.

But none of those things really mattered at that moment. They couldn't change anything. I was useless no matter who I was. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I couldn't even feel my legs.

All I could feel was my own damn blood in my mouth.

It was dark inside the tube as the power went down after the explosion but when the tube stopped, I could still see a light coming through the window. At that moment I knew that I was near to an underground station, as planned. But my eyelids were getting heavier and there was nothing I could do to stay awake. My vision became blurry.

20 minutes had gone when I finally heard noises, they sounded like footsteps from the outside approaching my location. And I knew I was right because they were solders' boots sounds, I had worn them before.