Chapter 28

:Sam's p.o.v:

I awoke to the sound of Taurtis humming. I looked up and saw him looking at a piece of paper. I could tell by the look on his face that he was worried about something, but I couldn't tell what...

"Taurtis?" He flinched, then looked down at me.

"Mornin Sam." He said.

"What are you reading?" I asked

"Grian left a note for us..." he replied, handing me the paper. After reading Grian's note, I got up to go find him. I turned towards Taurtis, who simply nodded, before leaving the room and running to the bus stop. As I approached, I heard music playing.
"You remind me of everything I love
Yeah, you remind me of everything I love

The straw underneath this blanket
and the stars that catch your eyes
and the moment where you are closer by my side

you remind me of everything I love
yeah, you remind me of everything I love

a smile spreads to another
and another after that
with the thought that it's only love if it's loving you back

and my eyes are closed
and your hand is there,
oh my dreams are taking,
and you have your share

you're so beautiful
in this room above
where the paint is peeling
and i'll realize that i'm in pain

you remind me of everything I love
yeah, you remind me of everything I love

a smile thats so much bigger
than the smiles that i have seen
and it makes me realize
that there is so much more than what I have seen" I heard him singing. I went up to him and hugged him.

"Don't leave Grian..."

"You guys would be better off without me..."

"No Grian, we wouldn't. You're our friend. You're just as important to me as Taurtis is." He looked down at his feet. Just then, the bus arrived. He got to his feet and put his stuff on the bus. After that, he turned around and hugged me... Just like the time that he told me how he felt... He let go and got on the bus, only looking out the window for a second to wave good bye. I felt tears stream down my face and I felt my ears droop. I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I turned to see the last person I expected to see here... Dom... It looked as if he were crying... He wasn't angry for once... In fact, his grip on my shoulder felt gentle...

"I... I can't believe he left..." Dom said. "Now I know how he felt when you chose Taurtis over him..."

"W-What?" I asked, I couldn't understand what he meant.

"I... I love him..." I couldn't believe it, THAT'S why Dom was always mean to me. He knew about Grian's feelings for me...