Chapter 4

***Janice P.O.V

The day of my birthday started out like any other day, then again, why shouldn't it? I woke up and took a shower, using my new vanilla scented soap. When I got out, stepping on the heated tile floor, I was startled to find a beautiful silver dress hanging up with a note attached. The note read

'Dear Janice,
The king has required that you wear this dress to your party, along with the shoes you will find next to the door. The maids will do your hair and makeup along with your jewelry.
Love, your father.

P.S, happy birthday sweetheart.'

Wait, the king? He was going to be there? Why would the person I want to see the least be at my party? Whatever, I'll just ignore him.

As much as I hate the king, I must admit, he does have great taste. The dress was beautiful. It was made of a clearly expensive fabric. The entire thing looked delicate and beautiful as though it were silver droplets of water strung together. The neckline was low, but not inappropriate. It pushed my breasts up so they looked perky and full. The back draped dangerously low, showing my toned and tan skin. What held the back together and kept it from flaring out was a see-through nylon mesh. Ingrained in the mesh were little jewels that came from the sides of the dress and faded out, giving the appearance of a silver mist. The bottom of the gown tapered to a slight triangle both in the back and the front just above the knee, leaving daring slits up the thigh. The bodice was light but tight fitting. It had alternating patterns of jewels and the mysterious fabric. All in all wearing the dress felt like wearing a piece of art. It was so light and comfortable I felt nude, and uncomfortable, I didn't feel responsible enough to keep it from getting damaged. I didn't even care to wonder how the King knew my size.

The shoes were equally as beautiful and complemented the dress wonderfully. I didn't know what jewelry I'd be wearing, but I could imagine it would be very expensive.

Not wanting to risk ruining my dress, I take it off and hang it on my door. I throw on a cute outfit that is very flattering. After I admire my figure in the mirror, I open my door to go downstairs. I practically run into my father who was just about to knock. "Oh! Janice, I was looking for you. I have decided that I will take you out to diner for your special day." He beamed a smile in my direction.

"Of course! But what should I wear? Will it be formal or casual? Where will it be? Will it be just us?" I realized I had been fretting in front of him after he smirked at my distress. "It's not funny dad! I need to know these things." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh of course it's not funny. But since I know you so well I've decided to have you pick out where we're going." My father said with a smirk. He knows me so well.

"Well I'm really in the mood for a casual place, you know not fancy but not like fast food either. So maybe we should go to Bonkoas?" I said hoping he'd say yes. Bonkoas is a really nice place with great food.

"Well of course. Anything you want." My father smiled kindly at me. "I will get ready and wait for you by the front door, just please do me a favor and don't take forever to get ready?" I just rolled my eyes and shooed him out of my room.

My outfit, I decided, was perfect for the occasion. I did my hair in small curls and put on my make up. Nothing big, just natural. I thought heels would look nice with what I was wearing, so I put on a pair of wedges.

***
I've always loved Bonkoas. My family used to take me there all the time when I was younger and in my more recent years I've went there by myself.

The casual feel has always made me feel at home, it wasn't uncomfortably stifling and proper but it wasn't ridiculously childish and overly casual. The lighting was one of my favorite parts, dim but not dark. It was easy on the eyes and gave a relaxed easy feeling. The topping on the cake was the mouth-watering food. Each bite of anything on the menu was sure to be an explosion of flavors.