Moments

Shut the door, turn the light off

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your love

I wanna lay beside you

I cannot hide this, even though I try

Heart beats harder

Time escapes me

Trembling hands touch skin

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face

If we could only have this life for one more day

If we could only turn back time

You know I'll be

Your life, your voice your reason to be

My love, my heart

Is breathing for this

Moments in time

I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today

Niall's body trembled as the last words slipped from his numb lips. His tense frame was cold with heartbreak and sadness, and he felt like there was nothing that would ever begin to warm him again. It felt like the sun had been ripped from his world, and he was left with nothing but a sky as empty as his heart.

Harry stepped up to the podium and braced a firm, reassuring grip on Niall's shoulder, and that was when he completely lost his composure. In front of everyone he loved, and everyone who loved him, Niall broke down, dropping to his knees and screaming, the only way he could let out the abundance of pain and sorrow he felt.

Harry crouched beside his shaking frame and held his friend tightly as he screamed and cried, and his body quaked. Harry felt sick to his stomach; he'd never expected Niall to react in such a way, but then again, he never expected Niall to go through what he had.

Nobody deserved it, and as Louis hurried up the steps to help Harry get Niall to his feet, Harry couldn't hold them back, and a few tears dribbled down his rosy cheeks.