Nine

Louis's p.o.v

The hair on my arms stood up as I heard a quiet cry, before a heavy thud, and my body was moving before I even registered what was going on. I ran up the stairs faster than I'd ever run in my life, and surveyed the bathroom quickly before checking Liam and Zayn's room.

Laying on the floor, wrapped loosely in a towel, was Lacey.

"Lacey? Lacey!" I screamed, dropping to my knees and pressing my ear to her chest.

She wasn't breathing, and I frantically searched for a pulse under the line of her jaw.

"Harry! Call an ambulance!" I yelled, clamping my hands together and pressing them down against Lacey's still chest.

Her pulse was weak, and as I thumped her chest, I started to develop the worst feeling in my chest. I pinched her nose and blew into her mouth before pumping her chest again.

 "..road. Hang on, talk to Louis," I heard Harry say, and suddenly there was a phone in my face.

"Keep giving her CPR," I told Harry sternly, taking the phone and staggering out of the way.

"What- oh my god!" Zayn gasped, rushing into the room with Liam and Niall on his tail.

"Hello? Can you tell me the problem, please?" the person on the phone demanded.

"I don't know exactly what happened but she'd collapsed, and she isn't breathing. Her pulse is weak, and she has a cancerous tumor in her chest, and the beginning of breast cancer that she isn't getting treated so I'm seriously worried," I explained, watching nervously as Harry gave Lacey's still body CPR.

"Okay, do you have someone there giving her CPR?"

"Yes," I said through gritted teeth.

"Well keep it going until we can get an ambulance to you, there's one on the way and it shouldn't be more than five minutes. Stay on the line until then so you can inform me if the situation changes any," the person on the other end of the line said.

My eyes flicked over to Niall who was crouched beside Harry, his hands knitted into the hair at the back of his head, his face contorted and tears rolling down his cheeks. Liam had an arm around him, and Zayn was on Niall's other side, a hand on his knee.

The sight of them all made my heart hurt more than it already was, and I didn't even want to think about what must have been running through Niall's mind. Lacey wasn't dead, that was something I was sure of, but something that Niall wasn't. 

"Please don't leave me Lacey, please," Niall sobbed, his voice barely audible as he grabbed Lacey's hand.

The sound of sirens suddenly flew into the bungalow, and Liam looked up at me.

"Go onto the street and get them in here," I told him, and he was up and out of the room before I'd even finished the sentence.

"Niall, we're going to need to move out of the way," Zayn whispered to Niall.

"I can't leave her," Niall protested, not letting go of Lacey's hand.

"You're not, we'll be right here, just out of the way of the paramedics," Zayn said gently.

Niall took a deep, shaky breath before getting to his unsteady feet and stepping away from Lacey, who Harry was still doing CPR on. I could tell by the way his body was shaking that he was crying, and I wanted to drop to my knees and pull him into my arms but I couldn't.

"The ambulance is here," I said to the person on the phone, and hung up abruptly, throwing the phone onto the bed and stepping over to where Zayn and Niall stood.