Chapter 6

America's POV:

Needless to say, I wasn't very happy to be woken up some amount of hours later with cold water being dumped on me.

I gasped, sitting up.

"What was that for?" I asked England-only knowing it was him and not Arthur (like, the England of this time) because he wasn't dressed in a pirate (Captain's) outfit and the England of this time was lying beside me, also looking annoyedly at England.

"Get up, you've had your fun now it's time to go." England said in a low voice.

I groan, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"How'd you even get in here?" Arthur asked England as he cleaned himself off with one of the towels Prussia had thrown at us.

"I know how to get into my own room," England rolls his eyes. "At least, what used to be my room." He said, looking around, slightly nostalgically, at the room that was filled with dark shadows now that the sun had gone down.

"Do you still have this ship?" Prussia asked England.

"Of course, what did you think, I'd destroy it or something?" He asked.

He shrugs, "I dunno, could've sunk."

"Glad you have so much faith in me."

Prussia laughs.

"Wait, shouldn't I change into my clothes?" I asked after having slipped on the Captain's shirt.

Arthur shrugs, standing up and pulling up his pants, "I could care less."

I shrug as well, "Whatever, I already have it on."

I was actually kind of glad that I'd have something to remember past-England by, even if the England of my time hated me and continued to do so.

When I had finished getting dressed and found my bag with clothes, I heard the money rattle.

"Oh, right!" I said after everyone had turned to me when they heard the sound. "Charles gave me this but I never used it," I said, pulling out the sack of money.

"Here, I won't be needing it anyways." I said, handing a shocked Arthur the bag. "It's British money, not even currency from our time."

"Who gave you this, exactly?" Arthur asked.

"A boy named Charles FitzRoy." I said, shrugging.

"You never told me of this Charles you met." Arthur said, setting the bag down.

"Wait, Charles Fitz-damn it America! Of course you happen to stumble over the soon-to-be next Duke of Cleveland!" England says, annoyed.

I laugh, "I did?"

England sighs, "So now I know you never payed attention to me when I tried to teach you history." He shakes his head.

"Hey! I listened!"

"You did?" He asked. "Then who was King of England in 1415?"

I blink, then it clicks. "Henry V of England!"

"Damn, even I didn't know that," Prussia mutters.

England rolls his eyes, "Whatever. Let's go, Canada's waiting."

The ship was oddly silent and I thought about how the people of this crew had gone the whole day without seeing their Captain except for this morning when Arthur did his daily check ups.

We walked silently down the halls and before we reached where the time machine was, I felt Arthur slide his hand in mine.

I smiled, lacing my fingers with his.