It Begins at the End

Lalnable was fill with false memories with his twin brother and his father. He hated them all, but loyalty was fused into him from his creation.

Over his visions, Five had shifted to the weak little clone he had once been, and as the nuke landed on the castle above, he shoved Five through the time gate, cutting off whatever words she was saying.

And there was nothing. Nothing but white and black spots in his vision. It was so painful, but he went with it. He probably fell into the gate, bloody and in several pieces. He wouldn't doubt that he was dead. Memories flooded to his vision as he felt a familiar iron taste in his mouth and his nose was flooded with the stench of blood.

He saw a true memory. Him, before this chaos, as Lalnable, a nearly decayed clone, beside his twin brother, who was equally tarnished. They were muttering the same dark words, committing them to servitude.

In front of them was their father, a pale white and black robed man. Israphel. Master. He took notes on them and gently tapped Lalnable's glass. The clone blinked and his fingers twitched to a near fist. Father seemed pleased and took another note.

How many more days till they wither away?