Chapter one

Hi, I'm Maia. I have always wanted to be a singer-songwriter and now I finally have a chance to!
Thanks to my amazing mother for sending in a video of me singing my own song to a recording studio in LA.
I'll introduce myself. My name is Maia Simon and I am 16 years old. I have one sister names Eliana who is 15 and one brother named James who is 13. I also have a single mother whom does a great job raising all three of us.
Today is my last day here in Ohio. Where I was born and raised for all of my 16 years.
My mom is dropping me off at the airport with my brother and sister .My friends are meeting me there to say goodbye.
On the way to the airport everybody is mostly quiet. It's going to be sad because were all so close and now were going to be so far away,different time zones and everything.
When we arrive to the airport and walk into the doors I see almost all my friends there waiting for me. My family and I walk up to them and they begin to all hug me in a big group hug.
I start to say my long goodbyes to each one of them individually, but when I get to the last person and see that the one I truly wanted to be there the most...wasn't there.
"Hey um, where's Landon?" I said to my friends. "Oh um... He didn't want to come..." my friend told me. "Oh.." I said in disappointment. "Well I better say goodbye to my family now" I said walking back to my family.
My mom was already in tears. "Its okay momma, I'll be just fine" I said to my mom. "I know, It's just that you're growing up so fast..why didn't you listen to me when I told you to stop?" my mom joked and we laughed . I gave her one of the biggest hugs I've ever gave before.
I walk over to my brother. He's not one to show his emotions much, but he actually gave me a big bear hug..in front of everybody. I've never seen him cry because he was sad. I've seen him cry because out of anger before, but never sadness. He said " I will miss you so much Maia" still in the hug I said " I'll miss you even more than you could imagine James" and then he said something I haven't heard from him in a while "I love you Maia" in shock I said " I love you too" .
On to my sister. Oh god. She was a wreck, balling her eyes and could hardly breath. "It's going to be okay Eliana. I promise" I said to her giving her a hug. "No it won't be. I'm going to miss you so much" she tried to get out the word but it was hard. " I'll call and txt every night, and I'll still visit!" I said trying to call her. "Promise?" she asked still with her face buried in my chest. "Yes I promise " I said to her.
"Flight 253 to Los Angeles, California is now boarding" we heard over the intercom.
"Well that's me." I said as my family group hugged. "I love you guys." I said to my family . "We love you so much" they said back. And off I was into the the plane, to the place my whole life would change.