Five

Morning came faster than Jack wanted. He awoke to chica lightly nuzzling his hand,wanting to be petted. Jack smiled petting the golden retriever. He sat up and stretched,he glanced at the small clock that sat stationed next him on the night stand, 8:00. Jack took a deep breath, remembering what had happened last night between him and Mark. He frowned, he wanted something to happen, he couldn't control the urge he wanted that scarlet red haired man to tell him what he was feeling,but he didn't .Instead Mark had left, leaving Jack disappointed, of course he wouldn't like him back.Mark was straight for all he knew.,But had had a little hope.Jack took a deep breath and decided to shake the thought away. The smell of hash browns brought jacks attention to the kitchen. He followed the magical smell, he couldn't help but smile as he saw Mark in the kitchen, even though what had happened the night before Jack loved to see the American. He took a seat at the table seeing Matt reading from his phone as he waited.
"Whatcha cooking Mark, smell delicious." Mark chuckled turning around and flashing jack a heart melting smile, two plates of breakfast in hand.Matt looked up, eyes brightening when he saw Mark had a plate of food. Jack smiled as the American placed a plate of eggs and hash brown before him. Mark smiled and wink at Jack as he placed matts plate down. Jack blushed slightly. What is Mark doing? Doesn't he remember what happened last night? Jack was slightly confused and decided he should talk to Mark. As Matt happily munched on his food, Jack went to Mark as he was cooking himself a plate.
"Hey Mark can I talk to you." Mark smiled continuing to cook.
"Yeah,what do ya need?" Jack shook his head.
"No.. Like in private Mark." Mark stopped for a minute his smile faltering, but it filled his face again. Jack was unsure why mark was acting so strange so he was determined to find out.
"Yeah.. Let me turn this off real quick." Mark placed his hash brown on a plate and turned the stove off,wiping his hands off on a rag. Jack and Mark walked out of the kitchen to hallway where they went into marks office. Jack closed the door and looked at Mark who watched.
"So..what's up Jack?" Jack took a deep breath and gathered his thoughts.
"Why do you seem like nothing happened?" Mark's face went to confusion.
"What do you mean?" Jack got a little mad.
"Last night, you were going to say something but you just left, and it seemed pretty important And this morning your all cheerful you even made me breakfast?" Mark looked away and rubbed his arm.
"Look, Jack I'm sorry..I just..panicked and I was hoping you were going to forget it. It was nothing." Jack shook his head taking a step forward.
"No, it must of been important if you panicked? It can't be that bad, you can tell me anything Mark." Mark  shook his head again.
" I- I want to,but.." Mark looked away,it was weird the usual bombastic cheerful Mark was embarrassed and a awkward potato.
"Mark..you can tell me anything I won't judge.." Mark looked at Jack and smiled slightly.His hope for the man likening him was rising now.
"You know you're such a great friend." Jack smiled Mark seemed to be going back to normal.jack came closer and smiled hugging Mark. Jack felt like he could  melt in marks arms but  he was the one comforting Mark. He pulled away looking at Mark, Jack smiled.
"Now Mark what is it?" Mark shifted his gaze but spoke.
"It's hard to explain.."
"Then show me." Mark face grew red. Jack was slightly confused what went through his mind, but he had an idea. Even if wasn't what he thought he was here for Mark.
"Are you sure?" Jack nodded.
"100%" Mark took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. He opened his mouth but closed it again.
"Whenever you're ready." Jack had known Mark forever, and could tell something was bothering him and he was ready to support his friend.Mark opened his eyes and looked at the ground. Mark took a seat in his rolly chair and ran a hand through his red hair.

"Jack..i-I don't know how to show you but i guess i can try to explain.."Jack nodded understanding and listened,ready to hear his friend say the words he wanted to hear him say for so long."jack, i panicked because i have a problem right now, and my problem is i love someone and i don't know if they love me back. and I thought you could help, but i thought you would think i was just overreacting.."Jack's heart shattered, But he tried his best not to show it. he smiled trying to give Mark a reassuring vibe.

"Oh buddy is that it? Mark you could of told me, I can totally help you."Jack tried to seem happy and surprised,but inside he was hurt that he didn't share the same feelings.Mark shrugged looking at Jack.

"Yeah...I know i'm so stupid."Jack Mentally hated himself for yet again believing his friend could ever love him back But jack was happy to help Mark. Jack sighed standing up and smiling as he patted Mark's shoulder.

"Look, Mark its nothing to be so worked up over. I mean if you're so unsure why don't you talk to them about it and try to find out? I Mean you're such a great guy who wouldn't love you?"Jack smiled,Mark's Expression seemed to lighten at the advice.
"Thanks jack, that really does help..I'm glad you're my best friend." Mark stood up hugging Jack. He hugged Mark back.Jack was happy he helped his friend,but he was also torn he wasn't the one he loved.