Chapter 1

Kaneki's POV

"Get up! Your going to be late for work!" Touka yelled at me.

"Okay, okay Touka. You don't need to yell in my face like that," I said to Touka.

"Or do I? I yelled at you ten times straight and you STILL didn't get up!" Touka replied.

"Okay, so I DID need a yelling. But I'll be down stairs in ten." I said to her.

"Ok, hurry up you idiot!" Touka said, then went down stairs to continue her shift.

I quickly got dressed for another day at Anteiku. I went downstairs and suddenly the door swung open. It was...Mira. My 12 year-old sister.

"Hey sis! Care for a cup of coffee?" I asked her. She didn't reply, but nodded.

"Kaneki, we need to talk," Touka said to me and pulled me aside."And Nishiki get Mira a cup of coffee, ok?"

"Got it Touka." Nishiki replied.

Touka and I walked up the stairs in silence. When we got upstairs, she all of a sudden started blasting questions at me. But the main one....

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS?!" Touka said to me.

"Touka CALM DOWN. She doesn't know that I'm a ghoul, or she is too." I said to her, but probably shouldn't have told her she is a ghoul too....

"Wait, she is a ghoul too? Then how does she eat like a normal person? And how does she not crave the humans?" Touka asked.

"We used something to make her tounge taste the same flavors as humans do, and same with the cravings. So she doesn't know... But it wears off today." I said to her, worried.

"WHAT?! How are we supposed to tell her NOW?" Touka yelled at me.

"Just have to come clean, and don't forget to get her a sandwich ready, we'll need proof," I said to Touka, " It's not like we have any other way to tell Mira besides that way."

"Ok, let's go." Touka said. We went down the stairs in silence, to see Mira drinking her coffee.

"Hey Mira?" I said to her, "Can we talk?"

"Yeah, I guess. It's not like I have anything else to do today. " Mira said. Touka, Mira and I went upstairs, and into the kitchen. "What's up?" Mira said.

"We have something to tell you. And it's not pleasing." I told her. I wonder how Mira will accept this. Well, it is 2 o' clock, so it should have worn off by now.

"What is it?" Mira said. She was very confused, I can tell by the look on her face.

" We are ghouls," I said to her, "And we can prove it."

"What? This doesn't sound like something I would think is real," Mira said, "What's the proof?"

"First of all, take a bite out of this sandwich. What does it taste like?" Kaneki said.

"That sounds like a weird question, but okay..." Mira said, taking a bite out of the sandwich. Her eyes widened and ran to the trash to spit it out. "That tastes disgusting, what was in there?"

"Just what is in a regular sandwich. That's what a ghoul tastes when we eat human food." I said to her.

"This can't be happening..." Mira said, collapsing to her knees. "Any other proof?"

"Two actually. First, you kind of have to see my eye and Touka's eyes." I said, nodding at Touka. Touka's eyes were now ghoul-ish, and so was my one eye. "Now, stab yourself with this." I said, giving her a pocket knife.

"Why would I stab myself with a knife?" Mira said in disbelief.

"You want proof, right? So hurry up and do it." I said to her. She really doesn't believe me, does she?

"Okay, but if I die, you are an idiot." Mira said. She stabbed herself with the pocket knife, but the blade broke, and no scratch that was left on her. "Wait... So I am a ghoul?" Mira asked.

"Yep, and first, eat this." I said, handing her a dead person's hand.

"WHAT?!" Mira said, "YOU GHOULS EAT HUMANS?!" She took the hand.

"Yeah, but this person committed suicide. So he chose to die. Go ahead, have it." I said.

"Nope, just no." Mira said. What a stubborn girl she is.

"If you don't have the nerve to eat, then I'll help you with that." I said, taking the hand from her, taking off a small piece and stuffing it into her mouth.

"Surprisingly, that didn't taste bad." Mira said. "But how can I survive like this? I'm like you, Kaneki, aren't I?"

"Yeah, your a half-breed. We'll help you here at Anteiku," I said, "So come one, let's go get you to meet Nishiki."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this first chapter of this Tokyo Ghoul Fanfiction! I am new to Fanfiction writing, so please vote if you liked it! Bye! - Ocean