00

"Nana, can you read us a story, please?" Her eyes pleaded for me to do so. It has been a rough time for them, I suppose. Travelling for days is not really a thing for little princesses. They are both exhausted yet they sit there and patiently waits for me to read them their favorite book.

I got the book from the pink shelf and made myself comfortable on the chair next to their bed.

"Once upon a time," I started, smiling at the fact that I can recite it to them without even looking at the book. "There was a beautiful princess named Sarah. She was ver–"

"Nana?" Catherine interrupted me.

"Yes, dear?" I looked up from the book and glanced at her.

"Cassandra is asleep now. Could you tell me the story of Ma and Pa?" She pleaded this time, knowing that I can't disoblige her.

"Sure, sweet one." So I told her, how her mother met the King. She listened with eagerness, asking questions every once in a while.

Although she just looks exactly like Cassandra, and have the same favorites as her, Catherine has always been my cherished one. She has a fierce attitude that you will learn to love. Very silly, but bright as well. Whereas Cassandra, she has always been the sickly one. Needing more attention than her twin. Maybe that is the reason why I love Catherine more; she has been lovely and matured, understanding why things are the way it is.

"Nana, I want to be like my father," she told me. My brows furrowed at her words.

"Why not your Queen mother?" I asked her.

She giggled, "Of course I want to be like Ma. Proper and very beautiful," she smiled. "But I want to be like Pa. I want to see the beauty in everyone, be it a prince or a pauper," she said with her dark eyes glinting.

"Yes, I adore the King for that, and sweet child, I saw what your father saw. Your mother was the most beautiful lass in her time. She may not came from a royal family, but she has a golden heart," I told her with a smile.

She released a happy sigh, "They always say that I look like Pa."

"Yes, you do. As well as your sister."

"Does Lucas look like Pa as well?" She asked me.

"No, darling. Lucas has your mother's soft features, making him the most handsome prince I've ever seen."

"Am I beautiful?" She asked with a frown.

"I thought you want to be like your father? To be able to see the beauty in everyone?"

"Oh, yes, I forgot," she face-palmed herself and laughed, I joined her.

"It's getting late now, princess. You need to sleep," I told her, tucking her in bed beside her twin, and kissed them both on their foreheads.

"Goodnight, Nana," she yawned.

"Goodnight, Catherine."

•~•~•~•~•

"Nana, why are you dressing me in black? I want my pink gown," Catherine whined. I gulped back the urge to say something and stayed quiet.

"Nana, why are you so quiet?" She asked. "Where are we going?"

I answered honestly, "To your sister."

She calmed down after that and followed me to the throne room.

We chanced upon seeing the Queen outside.

"Ma, where is Cassandra? Nana told me that we're going to see her."