Research

When Julia gets home from work, she goes to the fridge. Instead of grabbing a beer, she gets a glass of juice. She sits at her computer and starts researching rehab centers or support groups. As she was looking at a support group, her best friend, Ally, called. Julia picked up, taking a sip of juice.
"Hello?" She answered, her voice sounding like she was taking a drink.
"God Julia, are you drinking already? It's barely even 4 yet!" Ally exclaimed, not bothering to say hello.
"Actually, it's juice."
"I hope you get this addiction under control soon."
"About that, I'm researching support groups and rehab centers right now. I promised Derek I would cut the addiction before we married, and I know it's going to take some work, but I want to cut it."
"Oh Julia, that's great! Know that I'll help you whenever you need it, and remember, the occasional beer can't hurt. I called to see if you wanted to go have a girls day this weekend."
"Of course!"
"Yay! Saturday work?"
"Yep!"
Click
'She didn't even bother to say bye,' thought Julia. 'All I am to her is a toy. She only calls when she needs help, but when Julia needs help, sober or not, she's "being dramatic". Julia contemplated going to the bar when Derek came home. Julia smiled and got up to go to the door when she tripped over the rug. She hit the ground hard before Derek could get to her and Derek started panicking. As she came to, she could hear Derek screaming.
"Babe, what's wrong?" She rubbed her head, 'That hurt' she thought.
"You hit your head, I didn't know if you were dead or not..." He sniffles as he hugs her tightly. She hugs back, calming him down.
"I saw you were doing some research before I came home, I'm glad you're actually putting some effort into quitting, or at least not being as bad." Derek said, still hugging her.
"Yeah, and I didn't grab a beer to research. That juice is better without vodka." She giggles and gets up.
"Mhm." He picks her up and tickles her. She laughs and pushes him off, grabbing her laptop and snuggling with him. She stopped her research about 8:30 and snuggled with him until 10, when they both went to bed.

How did you guys like that chapter? Leave a comment if you'd like, and thank you for reading!