Chapter 1

Mid-2015
"The light reflects, the chain on your neck," I was singing you are in love at Scarlett's birthday party.

But then the memories came back.

We were strolling along the streets of New York. It was a beautiful night-the sky was filled with twinkling stars and there was a full moon. Suddenly, he let go of my hand. "Turn around," he whispers.
"Why?" I asked, surprised. However, I still turned around, my back now facing his body. He drapes his arms around my shoulders and fastens a necklace around my neck. I look down. "A necklace of the sun?" I inquire, amused.
"The sun always gives out light to the earth. The sun will always be there, even if there is a solar eclipse or any other sorts. It's only in a billion, maybe even trillion years when the sun will not give out light to the earth. Maybe that will never happen. And I will be here for a billion, trillion years, and maybe forever. I will be by your side forever.
"Promise?" I blush. "Promise," he smiles. Snaking his arm around my waist, he pulls me closer, so close that I can feel the warmth of his breath. "I love you," he whispers. "I love you," I reply. Despite all the camera flashes and all the paparazzi, he pushes his lips into mine.

"I'm sorry scarlett. I can't do this," I suddenly murmur halfway through the performance, tears streaming continuously down my face. I run up the stairs, into Scarlett's bedroom, into the toilet. Scarlett immediately runs after me. She blocks my way with her foot. "Remember, I am trained in the martial arts," she says. "I'm not putting this foot down until you tell me what's going on. And I'll 'fight' you if you attempt to runaway from me."

I sigh. "You're so stubborn like you always are. Fine, I'll tell you." I slump onto the floor. "The memories of him keeps haunting me." I say, my voice barely audible now. She looks puzzled for a moment then seems to understand what I'm saying. She looks surprised. "I know it's 3 years ago. I know I've never been like this before. For three entire years. Sometimes I wish I hadn't broken up with him. Not for some argument about a silly small argument about our future."

"Taylor," she says softly. "You are a very opinionated girl and you should be proud of that. Would you be happy if you followed what he wanted for your future?"
"Look at me now," I raise my voice, unable to suppress my emotions. "Do you think I'm happy?! I feel like crud. I don't know what I fucking am anymore."

"Hey," she says gently. "I'm sorry," I mumble. "I shouldn't have shouted at you. It isn't your fault." She pulls me into a hug. "Maybe you should get out there to eat something or have a drink. It might make you feel better." "But what about my-" I protest. "Most of the guests are people that I know, and there are no reporters or paparazzi. It's okay." She convinces me. We walk out of her room into the living room. Scarlett tries to lead the attention away from me by talking to the guests. I take a glass of burgundy and slowly sip on it. The sensation of the fine wine refreshed me. I headed to the dance floor, loosely shaking my hands to the beat, closing my eyes and dancing to the music. Suddenly, a figure appeared. He leaned closer to me, our shoulders nearly brushing. "Hello," he said.
------
Oh hello guys how have you been! You must be wondering who that 'he' is and etc. but I'll keep that a secret. Read on to find out! And also Scarlett is a real person, but sadly she and taylor do not know each other in real life. Please read, vote and comment! Thanks.
Your shittay writer;
Shalom.