Accidents Happen

Narrator's P.O.V.

Another day, another time with Karma Akabane. Nagisa's best friend, who he had just talked to minutes ago. Karma teased Nagisa of course of how cute he was and how he was much more tiny than he was. Nagisa got a bit irritated but got off of it real quick, so they just stared into the afternoon sky of a orange-red blend of color. As time passed, they had to go home, so once they got out of school grounds, tey parted ways, with Karma pouting at Nagisa.

Nagisa walked the semi-crowded street, and ignored everything and everyone. As crumpled paper rolled, and leaves flew down, and across the white molar sidewalk, he kept thinking about Karma. Even though he was sometimes mean and teases him a lot, he really like him, because at the same time he was kind and thoughtful, to him that is.

He liked him that way, and hoped that he wouldn't change his ways. Thought by thought, Karma clouded his mind up. Then he assured, "Yeah. I'll tell him. How I feel..." He said as he tightened his grip around his bag. Mouth quivering, another thought clouded his mind, and it was doubt.

'Will he accept it that way? Could I even do it? What if he dodges the question or thinks it's a joke?'

His natural sweet smile, turned into a doubtful quiver, and kept walking. "It'll be... fine..." He said to himself as he reached the street. His apartment was just a few steps away, he just needs to cross a street, then he can melt his troubles away in his room.

He looked at the stoplight, which was red for the vehicles and green for the pedestrians. As he noticed he was safe to go, he crossed. He then smiled suddenly, and thought to himself. 'I'll do it!' Smiling, he continued. Unaware, a sudden sound of engine running was heard. A car was unbelievably fast, and couldn't stop, neither was the driver wanted to stop. As Nagisa noticed this it was far to late.

The car was only a few inches away and before you know it...

(CRASH!!!!!)

As the car hit him, he fell down the ground, with broken limbs, some dangling. Blood on his body, head and the ground. Legs were crushed, stomach was pounding. Shoulders dislocated, eyes damaged.

"Oh my god! A boy got hit! Someone call an ambulance!" He heard someone say, as they witness the profound accident that had happen. His was still slightly awake, but with his eye condition, and numbness of the body, he couldn't do anything. All he did was close his eyes, and tried to regain his strength, but eventually he fainted, and was rushed to the hospital.

'Am I gonna die?'