The Orphan Mute

"WAKE UP NOW!!! YOU HAVE CHORES TO BE DONE!!!" The matron screeched into our dormatory.

I looked at the clock, it was 7am. I sighed as i got up, or at least my equivalent of a sigh. You see, when my parents died 5 years ago, i was only 8 and their death threw me into major depression. Not long after their death, I was almost killed by thugs, and when they were beating me up, they messed up my vocal chords. And now here I am today, a mute who is a slave to this orphanage, or Hell, if you live here.

How rude of me, i havent even told you guys my name! My name is Katarina, but I only get called that when im in trouble, so please. Call me Katy.

I trudge downstairs, I really wanted to leave this hell. I don't wanna be adopted, I wanna just go and live on my own.

"KATARINA! GET YOUR LAZY ASS INTO THE KITCHEN AND MAKE YOUR BREAKFAST BEFORE I CLOSE THE KITCHEN!!" The Matron screamed at me. I glare at her and walk into the kitchen making a bowl of cereal.

I walked out off the kitchen into the lobby, I ate there because i get hit and teased in the cafeteria. When I walk out I nearly drop my bowl, there talking with our matron, is Adam or to his recruits: Skydoesminecraft.

He looked at me and smiled, i nodded and sat on the couch. As i ate I easedroppped onto Sky and the matrons conversation. He wants to adopt a kid. I began to smile.

I finish my breakfast and start walking to the kitchen when... "What about that girl right there?" i look back and Sky is pointing at me. I look at our matron,

"Oh, you don't want that troublemaker, she can't even talk!" I nod and walk into the kitchen.

"KATARINA! GET YOUR STUFF, YOUR GETTING ADOPTED!!!" She shouted. I quickly run to my dorm, pack, and walk down to the lobby. Sky smiles at me and i smile back.

"Are you sure you wanna adopt Mrs.Katarina?" She questioned. Jeez, what did she have against me?

"YES!" He shouted. He signed the papers and grabbed my stuff. On the way to his car i pulled out my note book and wrote down "Call me Katy not Katarina."