The Beginning Of Life

The little kit opened his eyes to uncover a magical, grassy wood, he stepped out of, what seemed to be, a small dirt nursery where most of the newborn kits were resting, "Welcome to WillowClan little one," a soft voice behind him made him jump, he looked behind to see a young, torti-tabby She-cat, strolling down into edge of the clearing, "I see you've finally opened your eyes!" She purred, the young brown and grey kit purred back, he just wanted to go and explore! The slim cat mewed, "I guess you're nearly ready to take up some training too! I see a very strong Warrior spirit in you! Come along and get some fresh-kill!" The She-cat turned around and trotted across the clearing towards a small pile of mice and other small animals. She picked up a small vole and took it over to the weak kitten who was following her, she laid the vole down before him and purred, "Go on! Take a big mouthful of it!" The She-cat watched as he sniffed and bit into the small kill, his eyes widened as he tasted the flesh and looked up to meow, "Thank you, this is delicious!" The beautiful She-cat smiled in delight and purred, "Maybe you might catch one during your apprenticeship!" A shot of excitement tingled through his spine, he so badly wanted to go out and hunt! The She-cat mewed, "I am your Medicine cat, Featherstripe, I hope to see you getting well trained by one of our best Warriors! I can see you probably! Going with..." Featherstripe glared across the clearing, "Waterfang or Badgerpelt, they are some fine warriors! Anyway! How about you go and eat with some other kits?" The young tom looked over at the nursery where he could see a small, slim kit, Featherstripe continued, "I'm sure you'll make some soul clanmates! Good luck little one!" She nudged the kit in the cheek and ran back to her den, the young tom strolled over to the fresh-kill pile and picked up a small vole and a wood mouse, and trotted over to the lonely kit, he greeted him, "Um, hello, I brought some kill for you!" The other kit look up at him and smiled, "Oh! Thanks!" The brown and grey tom kit passed him the vole and decided to try the wood mouse, the two kits bit into their share of fresh-kill whilst the dawn patrol set off. They were approached by a slim, tan She-cat, she softly mewed, "Greetings, young kits! You're the first two kits to open your eyes!" She smiled, "I'm your leader, Fawnstar! You'll be given your apprentice name at moon-high! Anyway, please rest and get ready for a full day of training tomorrow!" Fawnstar turned and wandered down to the warrior den, the little tom thought, Are we already being apprentices?! The thought made him shiver in excitement, was he really ready to become an apprentice?