Chapter 1

2 years ago....

It was a chilly afternoon of some sort. I was playing basketball with a couple of classmates. The score so far was 5-3 us and I'm pretty sure I was already sweating. Maybe already 45 minutes into the game. Usually we'd play till someone scored 10 points. Both teams were even on members and how much they knew how to play since all of us were on the varsity basketball team for Junior high. My heart was race and me, well I was pretty excited as well as energetic as ever. Many have told me I was one of the fasts basketball player and I knew it was true. I was quick on my feet and had already calculated were to move and when to move. Soon we took a break so we can catch our breath and drink some water. One of friends would come over towards me. Having a slight a smile on his lips as he threw me a water bottle. I'd catch it and soon open it.

"Hey Jaydan you're pretty great at this. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two when we practice. Some skill you have ya know." Romen would say. He was 5'8 at the time, Sky blue eyes, caramel skin, curly dark brown hair, and he was 14 just like me.

"Ha don't give me so much compliments or I'll keep asking for more. But I'll say it's just luck, pure luck on my side. Also thanks for the water bottle. I don't know what I'll do without you bringing extra ones each time we play ball. It's like you already know I won't bring one since I always rush here to be first. I'm guessing it's already obvious I'll forget." I would say as I chuckled a bit, soon finishing the water as I then tossed the bottle into the garbage can.

"It's getting kinda late and I don't think we're going to finish this game any time soon. The high schoolers are already waiting to use the court. Don't want to get in any trouble with them." I would say as I soon whistled. Signaling the others that it was time to leave. They nodded their heads and soon got their things and headed out the court.

Romen and I were the last to exit the court. The the high school variety team were now on the court. One of the players was running towards us as I was too late to move out the way. I prepared myself for the impacted as I then noticed I was on the ground. Looking up towards the male that had bumped into me. I believe he was a junior at the time and I was in my second year in junior high.

"I'm sorry!" He would say as he soon got up and lend a hand to me. I took his hand and he soon pulled me up. A smile, it wasn't quite like Romen or anyone I've ever seen. So gentle and caring as it made me smile as well. I looked him over from head to feet as I shook his hand.

"No no it's fine! I'm alright and I think I should have moved earlier. Pleasure to meet you oh uh....mind me asking what your name is? I'm Jaydan." I would say as I waited for his response. I glomped a bit as I was getting a bit nervous but I've got no clue why. This wasn't like me at all but I tried to keep cool.

"Actually I think I should have shouted as I got closer so you could move over sooner. And the name is Vector, the pleasure is all mine. I'm guessing you're in junior high? I haven't seen you guys come play. Or is that you leave earlier so you don't encounter is?" He would say as he was right on the money. It seemed like they knew about us fleeing here before they arrived.

"Haha it's fine. You guys really don't need to run away before we get here. We would actually like to give you some tips or whatever if you need it. But hey Jaydan you should stay and watch." He would say as he soon went over towards his friends.

My cheeks were a tint of pink as I watched him closely. Soon I would see something wave in front of my face as it was Romen's hand. I snapped back and looked at him and scratched my left cheek. All of this and this weird feeling I have when I encountered him were something I've never felt before.