Don Bosco

I just got home from our first day of orientation at Don Bosco Academy where where I'll be working. It was a real blessed day !

Why am I writing about this?

Simply because I want to. Kidding aside, I feel my soul or should I say spirit was filled with knowledge and wisdom same as our stomachs are full with delicious food from Don Bosco. I felt the warmth on their welcomes and I bet my co-new salesians too. Not like how thet feed our stomachs but how they feed our souls, how they treat us to be like a family. From the moment I arrived and we started it with a mass held by Father Mond Borja, Father Rusty and Father Mark (if I'm not mistaken. From that moment, I already felt blessed. Doubting my ability and capacity to be a part of the Salesian family was washed away by the workd of Father Mond. Let me share it to you.

"I believe that Mama Mary called you here. It is not a luck, it is a destiny. Imagine, Of all the numbers of applicants you were chosen, Mama Mary chose you and it is a sign of call. Before you prayed, God has already prayed for you."- Father Mond's Homily.

It is not the exact words but the thought is there. I was like. "Thankyou God for the answer" I said to myself. After the mass, we proceeded to the auditorium. It was a really big auditorium. It looks like inside a cinema. We've watched St. John Bosco's Life story. I believe his name is Giovanni? Not that sure. But in the movie they call him Giovanni. We took almost 6 long hours watching the movie and not a single second we got bored. During and in between viewing, snacks and lunch were served. We are so full.

What is the purpose of sharing this to you? or writing my thoughts?

I didn't get the chance to share my comments or feelings about the movie. Why? Because nervous covered me up! It was a great movie indeed and I have a lot of comments about it but my nervousness swallowed me up. But what I want to share that other haven't talked about is that.

"JOHN BOSCO never did even a single judgment." He trusted the delinquent even if he knows these might pull him in danger. We are all aware that people nowadays are judgmental. It is like the gained too much freedom. But somehow we can't blame them. Even I have once judged. A judgment but you don't want to but you have to. (Did you get my point?) But John Bosco never did it. He even join them. He made them feel trusted even the cost of it is his safety. There I saw the phrase 'Love others more than you love yourself' He thinks of others more than himself. He even got illed and close to death. But through his trust and love for his called sons. They prayed for him. They even offered their lives just to make Don Bosco live. He built the trust in them. They are delinquents, yes! That is what other people and might be you think but if you'll look beyond their hearts, you'll see a coward and needing of help son. This is just one phase of how Don Bosco faught for them. The story is too long to share it all to you and show you how great he is.

There is this one thing that was not shown in the movie but Father Mond has told us.

Don Bosco has a lot of talents. One of these is playing violin. He plays Violin at the churches in Turin, city in Italy where Don Bosco used to live. Because of his amazing talents plus his looks, many had admired him and became famous but Don Bosco is not happy about it. So what he did is he broke the violin and told the people that that is not what he wants. They are praising him more than God/Lord. He wants the. to praise God, to love God. Isn't it amazing? It was like you want to be like him. He's good! He's great ! He never gave up even the world gave up on him. He fought for other's right.

I also learned that St. Dominico is also his student, more like a son because all his students he considered them as a son.

Today, I am proud to be part of the Salesian Family. Thankyou Mama Mary for the call. Thank you God for all of these. It's a long day and I need a rest. I should take a nap muna. Thankyou for reading this. I hope I've given you a glimpse of St. John Bosco's Journey to life. Godbless !