One

"Okay, Cath. You can do it, it's the first day after all." Catherine sighed , standing in front of her bathroom mirror, she was wearing a plain dark blue shirt, along with black jeans and had her hair covered under a snap back.She took out her phone and tried to pose like a confident-nice looking Ethan, she tried. And with great difficulty, she posted it as her icon on her blog- his blog, Ethan's ,writing a caption to go along with his day and his current status,and that he's starting college,she clicked post and turned off her phone, zipped her bag and took a deep breath. It's okay, it will be okay.

Thanks to three years of experience - for the love of makeup- of being a makeup artist had paid off well, when she hides her Catherine, and reveals her Ethan.She knew how to do it, she knew how to hide her attitude, make up another. Switch to a different life.

It was Catherine's-Ethan's first day at college, she had enrolled in a college in New York, far away from her hometown, she wanted a new beginning , and she wanted it to be perfect. Small, tiny traces for scars were beneath her covered thighs, her weak personality wasn't there anymore. They were strong and confident.Catherine secretly wished she'd never relapse.She put on some makeup and changed to some jeans and a loose black shirt.

Today was their new beginning , and she's finally ended a chapter, and starting a new one.As she closed the door for her flat and turned away, a few tears were fighting to appear, but she took a deep breath,and got into the cab.This had to be done.

. . . . .

The Institute of Fine Arts was huge, with sculptures all around campus, paintings all over the walls of highways. Catherine felt fine, okay. Or that's what she has been trying to convince herself the whole way here.She was confused, happy, sad,her anxiety has been chewing her insides slowly. But then Ethan showed up, and pushed them all aside.

A girl in a purple shirt with NYU written on it in big,white,bold lines showed her to her dorm room. The room was okay, two beds,a bedside table, and two wardrobes and two desks. Basically two of everything, she felt like she was sitting in front of a mirror,that was in addition to a window that allowed a great view. Her inner insecure Catherine was only worried because of her roommate, who hasn't showed up yet. She knew she would have to share a room with someone, but she kept pushing the fear and worry away, and now, there was no going back. She unpacked and took in the silence, tried to enjoy the privacy before it wasn't available anymore.

Catherine was tense, she had tried to sleep, but she couldn't help it, she was curious to know who her roommate is going to be, and then she exhaled a long breath, how is she going to stay alive with all the tension she's dealing with right now? How will she even manage to sleep?

. . . . .

She was reading her unfinished copy of Death Note : Volume Two , when the door slammed open, causing Catherine to jump with a yelp of fear,and surprise. She slowly looked up from her book when the intruder's voice invaded the silence.

"Death Note! I love it,God , this year is going to be great! Hey, I'm Ellie." Her voice was chirpy and lively, her face had a shy smile creeping it's way wider with each second. Catherine finally decided to get up and shake Ellie's hand, she noticed the height difference between them,Ellie was five feet five, while she was five feet six. Her height made her feel a bit confident, even though it wasn't that much. She shook hands and then she remembered, she needed to speak.

Stupid.

"Catherine."Her voice was hoarse, she coughed and repeated the greeting, Ellie's eyes were dancing through the room, looking at every detail, when their eyes locked, and Ellie's blues looked at Catherine's greens, Catherine instantly looked away,and left Ellie to start unpacking.