What?

*ring* *ring* ugh *ring* *ri-* I turned my alarm clock off. I really hate waking up to that sound. Like could they have put something a little more... gentle? I swung off my bed and got dressed. I was wearing a blue holographic crop top and a black skirt. I look fabulous. I say hi to Buster, my chinchilla, and run out my door into the bathroom. Most days, including today, I put my hair up into two buns on either side of my head. Kind of like Princess Leia, but smaller and higher up.

"Lacey! you better start your walk to school!! You're going to be late!" "Okay, mom! I'm coming!" I say as I run down the stairs, almost slipping and falling. I run to get my galaxy converse sneakers on "are you going to eat anything?!" My brother, Jack, yells to remind me. "Oh, yeah I should probably do that." He runs over and grabs a banana, and tosses it to me. "Thanks!" I say, closing the door behind me.

"Lincoln!!" I yell right as I open the school doors. She turns her head suddenly and quick, looking at me. "Lacey!" She said as a smile grew on her face. "It's only been two days" she says, laughing. "I know! But home has been miserable lately because my mom is constantly trying to talk to me and I start therapy tomorrow. And everybody thinks Im 'crazy'" I say as I do air quotes with my fingers. "So it's nice to see you." I say, panting for breath. "You're not crazy, Lacey. Just a little bit different, that's all."

           At lunch, a girl with dirty blonde hair styled in a complicated hairstyle, an outfit that consisted of light skinny jeans, and a floral shirt that must've cost a fortune, approached me. "Lacey Black, isn't it?" "Uhm, yes" I say, lifting an eyebrow. "Do I know you?" "No, but I know you." She said, somewhat mischievously. "How?" "I somehow found your Instagram profile and saw that we went to the same school. I think you're really cute." Wait, did she think I was cute like that? "Wait what? I'm not ga-" I was cut off with her lips pressed against mine. She pulled away. "What's your nam-" and she was gone.