The Safety of Sean - Chapter 4

Whitney's P.O.V.

"I watch you every day! I adore you. Heh. Wow, sorry if I seem like a nutter. Heh," I tell him. Sean listens intently. "I can prove it too. Your channel is called Jacksepticeye, your real name is Seán William McLoughlin, you were born on the 7th of February 1990 and you have a girlfriend called Signe Hansen, who is from Denmark." He gazes at me dumbfounded. Gradually regaining the ability to speak, Sean responds, "You certainly know me then. Sadly, I can't say the same about you."

Jack's / Sean's P.O.V.

I was right, she's a viewer. I don't see her in that way though. I feel she is my friend. I hate to use the term 'fan' or 'subscriber', knowing she is an individual that chose to watch me scream and yell at games for entertainment. Whitney is a person who I respect greatly and I believe her to be lonely. So, I have a desire to help her. I then think back to our conversation on the bench. Who was her date and where was he now? Staying calm, I ask her, "Who was the guy you were dating?"

Whitney's P.O.V.

I nearly begin to talk about myself, when I'm cut short from his question. I answer, "Billy, Billy Carter Rogers. Why?" "Does he have your phone number; does he know where you live?" He interrogates me further. "Yeah, he's got my number. Tell me, why does this matter?" Innocent questions hurtled through my mind, then alarming realisations silenced them. Preparing his response, Sean examines my thoughtful, distraught expression and clarifies, "Billy will probably come after you. He may try to harm you." He then insists, "But that won't happen because I'm here. Okay?"

Beginning to calm, I say, "Hey, why don't we exchange numbers so we can stay in contact?" Embarrassment submerges my confidence, until he agrees and hands me his phone. The case was a shade of emerald and was also decorated with a septiceye, which covered most of the middle. The design was flawless. I open up his contacts, add my number under the name 'Witty, Lake' and take his number for my phone. In my contacts, he was identified as 'Jack, Septiceye'.

Jack's / Sean's P.O.V.

My gut instincts knew it was a good idea. Is it weird, I feel fearful for her? Remembering my guest, I offer her some food and drink. Politely, she declines and tells me she needs to get going. I suddenly volunteer to take her and she approves. I lock the door accordingly and we set off. The noiseless town gave an atmosphere of positivity and compassion. As we walked, she slipped her gentle hand next to mine and held it mildly.

Whitney's P.O.V.

I felt protected. Nothing could harm me as long as he stood in their way. We reached my home and Sean headed back. I waved him goodbye, unlocked my door and stepped inside. The smell of home filled my nose instantly and I sat on my black, leather sofa. Bored, I switched on the television. My eyes had begun to close, my vision faded and the world around me silenced. I fell asleep.

Billy's P.O.V. 

Vigilant, I crept slowly from my hiding spot without being seen. I'd found her home. After that timid 'girl' ran, I had followed her path and watched as she and this man conversed. Luckily, they hadn't suspected I had accompanied them on their sweet, short journey. When they approached the male's house, I simply wondered around the area. Now finally I could finish what I had planned. So weak and naive, it almost felt wrong to do what I was about to.

All my equipment was ready: knife, check; rope, check; hammer, check; and finally balaclava, check. I adjusted my balaclava and swung my hammer at the crystal clear, glass window. SMASH! It shattered into five large pieces. I hear a scream of fright; it was a woman's tone. Ignoring it, I clambered through the hole I had created and jumped into the action.

Jack's / Sean's P.O.V.

About twenty metres away from Whitney's house, I heard an intense shriek and assumed the worst. At once, I darted towards her home, to see a smashed window and a silhouette of a human male, crouched underneath, inside the building. He had a knife, rope and hammer equipped. This was dangerous. Unfortunately, my conscience wouldn't let me turn back, so I had to fight.

I climbed through the empty window frame and confronted the attacker. Turning to face me, he went to swipe his kitchen knife from his belt. Before he could do so, I swung my fist towards his cheek. Stunned, he fell to the rough, carpet floor and was instantly knocked out. The force that had been made, had travelled back up my arm so it ached a little. Once I regained my strength, I pulled off his balaclava to find Billy (Whitney had described him to me). Next I yelled, "Screw you Billy!" Without a second longer I hit him once more, this time on his nose.

Whitney's P.O.V.

Heart racing, thoughts of death and feelings of fear, I collapsed onto the floor from the sofa, where I had seen the event unfold. "Thank you, thank you!" I praise my saviour. I peer through the darkness to find a green haired man breathing heavily. It was Sean again! Sean began, "I'd best get going. Ha, ha!" "Of course, I'll call my friend Charlie and she can help me clean up. Thanks again for your help!" I reply. He left and I called Charlie. She was not going to believe this at all!