Chapter One

"I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' 22! Everything will be alright if you keep me to next to you!" Harry and I yelled, completely off tune to the actual song. Since we had a day off from recording Midnight Memories and getting ready for the tour to start up again, Harry was over at my flat, screeching horrible songs at the top of our lungs. "You don't know about me, but I bet you want to! Everything will be alright if we just keep dancing like we're 22!"

Harry was closer to me than Liam, Louis, or Zayn, simply because he understands me the most. He knows exactly when I'm okay, and when I'm not. He knows what I'm thinking about at most times, as creepy as it sounds. It's like he can read me like an open picture book.

About a month ago, I got so homesick that I started crying and throwing up. Harry knew that I was homesick, despite me saying "oh, no, don't worry. It's just the flu." He gathered the boys and everyone sat around me and started speaking in an Irish accent. He's so sweet and caring, yet the only people who actually know the real him are me, the boys, and his family. To everyone else, he's a manwhore who plays with girls' hearts.

"Hey, mate." Harry walked over to the stereo and turned it down. He padded over to the sofa and sat down, hitting the spot next to him. I walked over and sat down beside him. "Are you alright?"

I shrugged my shoulders, then nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking."

"'Bout what?" He asked softly. "Never mind, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"You," I answered anyway. "About how the media sees you as someone who goes out with girls all the time. Takes 'em out on one date and then never speak to them again... It bugs me because you're the exact opposite."

"Oh..." He looked down, his eyes pricking with tears already.

"Shit, I'm sorry Harry. I never should of brought it up." I should of known that he's overly sensitive when it comes to this type of stuff. "Please look at me."

Surprisingly, he obeyed and his glossy, red-tinted eyes met mine. "It's not your fault, Ni. I guess, I just... I don't know... why they do this, y'know? Do they like ruining my walls? I've always wanted to be one of those people, who don't really care what people say 'bout them, but I just don't think I am."

I smiled sadly as I remembered him saying something like that one time after reading negative comments about himself.

"Harry, I'm really-"

"No, don't apologize," Harry said quietly, his voice hoarse and weak. "S'all good."

"Harry..." He kept his head down, completely ignoring me. I took his shoulders in my hands and forced them straight. One look at his tear-stained cheeks and I developed him in a world famous "horan hug".

He buried his face in the crook of my neck and started sobbing, body wracking with each short and jagged breath he took.

"Shh..." I whispered in his ear. "This is exactly what they want. They just want you to react..."

"Why, though?" He croaked after pulling away from me and looking me right in the eye. It broke my heart to see Harry like this. He is my best friend, after all. He always gave me the best advice and I hate the fact that I can't do the same, simply because I don't know why.

"I don't know..."

After a few minutes, Harry stood up and frowned. "Sorry, I'm just being weird,"

"Thank you for your help," he said before sauntering away.

_________

A/N - sorry for the short chapter but I was in a rush to see if you guys like it or not, so once again, sorry!

-s;*