Repeating Times Equals Haunting

" Mom I'm home." Yet there's no reply for Lila to hear. "Mom you there?" She ask as she walks toward the light switch that leads to the light that flickers above the dark, and chilling living room.

"Hey baby your home! Unlike your asshole of a father. That man should have just kept walking cause THAT is what he does best!

Lila's Mother points towards the shattered picture frame with the photo of her Mom and Dad, well former man called a Dad. " To hell with you Steve HELL WITH YOU! Were better off without you jerk!" As she transfers her feelings with laughter.

"Mom!! Are you drunk again!!"

"Haha come and catch me" Her mother trips over the wires connecting the lamp to the outlet bringing her straight to the floor.

"MOM! You said we were done with all of this...this..crap." "Get up now! Dad's gone and you need to face the facts mom he's not coming back!"

Slowly and painfully her mother gets up as her face turns pink with embarrassment. Why would she be drinking again after these past 3 months of soberness?Dad. He's been gone for over 10 years now.. she has excepted that but unfortunately her mother hasn't. As soon as the despicable bottle filled with "pain reliever" is there. Its no longer there. Its gone. In her mothers body it settles in just like the pain and agony she has been in for the past 10 years.

"Mom what happened just 30 minutes ago you were fine but now your not." " You promised me this wouldn't happen again."" We can't keep living like this with me being the mom and you the daughter!" "Your the mother not me! YOU!" Lila filled with guilt for scowling at her own beloved mother. In a softer tone she said " Mom.. I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this" as she gestures her hands trying to make sense to her broken down drunk mother." knowing it wasn't transferring through. Grabbing her mother by the hand, Lila brings her mom up the croaking set of stairs into the cramped filthy bedroom. Finally tucking her into their stained, old sheets,kissing her on the fore head. "She knew her mother wasn't stable enough to be on her own,but there was nothing that could fix the broken pieces." I'm going to sleep you need some rest too tomorrow is a new day."She convinced herself of that. Swallowing the lies shoved down her throat. Yet knowing a "new day" just means one more day of disbelief that things will get better." Tomorrow will be another day...tomorrow." Crawling into bed replaying what had just exactly happened Lila and her mother drifted away into what seemed like heaven. Their dreams..