LUIS: My Love, My Son

When Luis and I were very young, we've been inlove. Many nights we'd spent walking, talking together. One day, we separate ways due to a false accusation. I thought he have another lover when I saw him walking in the mall with another girl. I broke up with him without asking his side. I was blinded by hurt and anger, that I didn't want to know the truth anymore. After 4 years, I married a man I thought I loved.

Last night, walking across Edsa Boulevard, I saw him for the first time in years.

"Luis Salazar", I said.

He stopped. At first he did not recognize me.

"Marie! Where did you come from?"

Unconciously, I lifted my face as if im wanting a kiss, but he held out his hand amd I took it.

"I live in London now". I said.

"Oh", Luis smiled politely. Then a frown came quickly between his eyes.

"Always wondered what happened to you, Luis" I said.

"Me too, it's been a long time since we saw each other"

"Luis, I'm sorry for what I did before, sorry if I didn't give you a chance to explain your side, I..."

"It's okay, It happened for a long time now, we need to move on"

"So what's up. Are you dating someone now?" I asked, wanting to change the topic.

"I'm married."

"Married?", my jaw dropped in shocked.

"Yes and with two kids."

"Oh", the only thing that I said.

Many people went past us through the sidewalk. People whom we don't know. It was late in the evening and was cold.

"And your husband?", he asked me.

"We have three children. I work at the Louborough University in London."

"You look very..." he don't know what to say "...well" he said.

I understood. I found myself desperately reaching back into the past. I had been older than him, now he looks younger than me.

"We live in Queensroad, Nottingham." I said. "Let's have some coffee some time."

"Sure." He replied. "You and your husband must have dinner with my family some night. Trish and I love to have you"

The wind blew gently and suddenly felt sick.

"We'd love it." I answered.

"You should see my kids." He smiled dryly.

Suddenly, the lights come on up the whole length of Edsa, chains misty brilliance in the blue air.

"There's my car." I said.

He held out his hand, "Goodbye."

"When..." I wanted to say something but I couldn't. I was afraid to open my mouth as I entered my car, afraid it would be impossible to utter a word.

Suddenly, I shrieked very loudly, "Goodbye". But he was already gone.

Space and people. I lost track of Luis. Then as I drive home, I remembered I had forgotten to give him my address or to ask him his number. I even forgot to tell him that the name of my youngest son, is LUIS too.

that's it. hope you like my short story. thanks for reading! Godbess! :)