Books. Boys. Beanies.

I was on my way to school when I saw it. His beanie. Of course I didn't know it was his at the time, I just stumbled across it on a very windy day. I picked it up and looked to see if I knew who it belonged to but I didn't. As I draped it over a nearby fence I heard the school bell ring. I started to run towards school before they shut the gates when I ran straight into someone and dropped all my books. We both bent down to pick them up at the same time. I looked into his beautiful, emerald green eyes as we stood up again. He smiled. I couldn't help but beam with happiness.

'Thank you' I blushed.

'No problem' he said. His long, thick curls were blowing in the wind as he started to walk away. I shouted him.

'Hey! Thanks again.'

He smiled again as he turned. I stood and watched him for a few seconds after until I could no longer see him. My hands were shaking and my spine suddenly shivered. What was happening to me? I'd never felt like this before.

I rushed to school but they'd already closed the gates. I didn't care, I was too wrapped up in what happened to me a matter of seconds earlier.

When I finally made it onto the school field through the side gate I was already late for my first lesson, it was only History, another thing I didn't care about.

'Why are you late? What idiotic excuse do you have for missing ten minutes of this lesson? It's not like you to be this late!' I wasn't completely listening to my teacher but she sounded frustrated so I hurried to my desk and sat down. 

As I walked past her desk I muttered 'Sorry Miss.'

'I'll see you tonight in after school detention then, i'll contact your mother at lunchtime.'

'Yes miss'

I didn't learn anything in that fifty minutes I had left but I knew one thing for certain, I was going to find a way to get some answers. Who was he? Why was he in this scruffy little town?