Chapter 1: Is this a Dream?

Hi, I'm Aiyanna Frost, and this is my story. I haven't told anyone this but here we go, it all started one morning. It was a beautiful day, the wind was blowing and I could feel the breeze coming through my window as I woke up. It was a normal day, nothing more to be said. The day was going great, I ate pancakes, went for a bike ride, and did a bunch of other things normal people would do. The day was going swimmingly until I started hanging out with my friends... We were having fun and joking around. Then we started playing a game and then we were showing what we would do if we saw a wasp or insect type thing coming towards us. It was my turn to show, so I put my hands in front of me and swatted them in an outward way and yelled "Not today." Thats when it happened. Everything stopped. I thought my friends were just pulling a little joke on me but then I realized the butterfly suspended in the air, not moving. The squirrel that was jumping from a tree, frozen in mid-air. I was terrified. No, that doesn't describe how I felt. Petrified. I didn't know what to do. I screamed but no one moved, there was no reaction, no one heard me. It took a bit for me to realize what just happened. Time was frozen but I was still moving. I pinched myself at least a million times just to check if it was a dream and let me tell you this, it wasn't.
I tried to figure out what caused this to happen so I retraced my steps and did everything again. I had more then enough time to do so
After I made it to the part when it was my turn to show I did the same movement with my hands and everything continued. It was like nothing happened.
"What just happened?" I said in a deeply concerned voice.
"You ju-ju-just did the funniest thing ever!" My friend Jonah explained in between laughs.
"Oh yeah. My brain just kinda-you know what nevermind," I said.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
**Present Tense** (is happening)
It's been two days since it happened. I'm not telling anybody because they would probably think I'm crazy. What if I am crazy?
Questions are piling in my head giving me different logical reasons for this, but none of it seems to fit. I lay down in my bed and let sleep over take my body.
I wake up and stretch my arms realizing what I just did. I just froze time again. I decided to have some fun this time though, you know take it on a test run.

I walked outside and started observing everybody. It's weird seeing everybody like this. I walk around London not doing anything in particular except staring at all the people. I walked into some stores and hid my favorite clothing so that no one else could get it but that was about it. I walked back home still kind of shocked of my new "power." I got in my bed and restarted time with a swish of my hands.

"Aiyanna, sweetie come down breakfast is ready," my mum said as I got out of bed, again.

"I'm on my way," I say as I start walking down the stairs.

"Bacon and pancakes or bacon and eggs?" She asks.

"Ummm, I'll take the bacon and pancakes please."

"How's your morning g been?"

"Eventful," I say without thinking.

"Oh! What did you do?" My mum asks surprised.

"I-uh-was-because-was being sarcastic. Yeah, that works." I quickly eat my food and continue on with my day. How did I get this power? I say to myself. Why me? Does anyone else have the same ability? Wait, I can freeze time, do my homework, then continue time and watch Netflix but my homework will already be done!
"YES!" I yell.

"What was that sweetheart?"

"NOTHING MUM!"

I'm starting to think this new ability isn't that bad. I let out a sigh and plop onto my bed just as I receive a text from Alex or... My crush.