(3) You - We created monsters

I gasp sitting up suddenly clutching my pounding head between my hands in pain. I take a once over around my surroundings and am surprised to see the rest of the Delta group scattered about the room doing something.

The room consisted of a bed which I was on, and a four seat leather couch where Clayton and Jackson were located shuffling some papers onto the small table where their feet rested. Kyle and Clara were at the small counter looking through some computers typing away and my assistant? Well She was no where to be.

Realization smacked me in the face, " Shit shit shit. I was fucking bitten!! Oh my! Why d-didn't I turn???!! What the fudge is going on???"

Clara was the first to take careful steps towards me and I held my shoulder rubbing it as the bandaid came into view.

"Lucy . . . . You need to calm down . . . . "

I snorted. " Calm down??!! Did you not see what the heck just happened?!! We were being bitten like some kind of apples!! By some human looking things!!"

Jackson shakes his head. "Zombies."

" The fuck you say? Jackson."

Clara holds a warning hand up towards him. " We will explain everything, but first calm down and sit down."

Wanting nothing more than to slap Clara upside the head for treating me like such a kid. I plop down anyways on the squeaky chair.

I motion a hand towards them, " Well? Are to going to explain? Or am I just going to have a stare down with you guys."

Clara visibly swallows. " We were working for a cure....well at least that's what was expected of us. Um....how do I say this?"

" Stop. For instance quit beating around the bush," I cross my arms across my chest raising an eyebrow.

" We sped up the process! Instead of freezing it. We sped it up so much the abnormality of it spread throughout the human gnawing at their skin and digestive system. Creating what we now call zombies."

I slid a hand down my face in horror. "B-but I checked! I had made sure everything was alright . . . "

Clara touched my back soothingly, " Not your fault! All of us are to blame."

" However with this now we suffer what might end up with the end of the world. Those things bite you and once they do. . . You turn into them. Like a domino effect."

I blinked and pushed my chair away from me standing up. " Then why didn't we turn?"

Clara sighs pushing her glasses up towards her eyes. " It appears we are immune to it." Then she quickly adds, " Of course we still feel the pain of the bite. It just won't affect us."

I shove all my stuff off the desk, creating a big mess. " How am I supposed to fix this??!! If this is true then that must mean the world is in danger."

"-Also means we have to find the cure."

" We are the only ones who know more about this than anyone else. If we were to separate to learn more about zomvies and whatnot we can most likely produce a real cure. Or create some hope."

Jackson inputs quietly and I find myself nodding along.

" Take the supplies you need and try to survive. We will meet in Clara's cabin in Minnesota in 1 year. That should be enough to at least get some information on what exactly we are trying to stop. Don't tell anyone! If you do it will only cause trouble for everyone else. "

Kyle also adds standing up and grabbing his backpack.

Time to face the end of the world.