Chapter 1

Hey guys quick authors note idk if i will be doing many authors notes for this book but thats alright :) There is a pic of what I wish the house was on the side but I don't know if it directly fits the profile but as the story progresses maybe it will change :)I hope you enjoy the first chapter.

Chapter 1:

I ran as fast as I could not caring where my feet would take me as the rain formed a shield around me. Dont look back its the past now, ignore all of the sounds around you just focus on you. We need a new start

Then I jolted awake

I rolled out of bed, took a shower, and then brushed dark brown to blue hair into a messy bun and went downstairs.

"Good Morning E" Gabe my roommate said as I went to grab breakfast. Gabe's jet black hair was tossed to the side in a messy way as his grey eyes focused on his food.

"Anything new in Arsen? I asked

He shook his head "The Hunters are back in town again and they are looking for an unknown"

"Oh that's weird I thought that they wouldn't come back we didn't exactly leave off on good terms" I said

"Yeah I thought so too, just keep your guard up you know how they are" he said

"Yea I will im heading over to the base right now I guess I will see you there in a bit then" I said as I grabbed an apple and headed out the door.

As you can probably tell now Gabe and I don't live a normal life. We are a part of a gang started by my father which was handed down to me when he was killed. Then I decided to co-lead the gang with Gabe my best friend.

I didn't have the normal life of a child, it was always filled with worry of whether my dad would come home in the morning or not. My parents raised me to be independent so I could hold my own out in the world. I wasn't always this way though.

As a child I wasn't too keen on the whole fighting lifestyle. That was until I made one too many mistakes. From then on I was a fighter inside and out. I changed everything to the point where my parents barely noticed me. But that girl was gone, she left when she decided to fall in love.

I was shaken from my thoughts as I reached the road way to the forest I walked up to the wood lodge in the middle of the trees. As I opened the door I was met with the smell of pizza and smoke, it might not seem well but it smelled like home. I walked up the stairs to meet Johnny, one of our top recruits.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" he yelled as he ran to give me a hug.

"Hi Johnny, can you tell everyone we have a meeting in 10 and that its mandatory, Gabe should be on his way soon" I chuckled as he hugged me.

"Yea sure" he said as he went into the main area to call everyone.

I then proceeded to the conference room to set up for the meeting. I laid out food and such and about 5 minutes later people were taking their seats.

"Alright then lets get this on shall we-"

"Sorry I'm late guys" I was cut off by Gabe walking in the door.

"Okay now that everyones here we have a few things to discuss" I said

"One as some of you may know the hunters are back, and we didn't exactly leave on the best terms from the last fight, which is why I want all of you to keep your guard up and tell me or Gabe if you see anything suspicious or familiar" I said

"Do you know who they are after" Layla one of our hackers asked

"No but we will find out soon" I said

"But we are going to need your help to find out who they're looking for so we can figure out their pattern and if they are trying to come at us again" Gabe said and everyone nodded.

"I think that's it for now thank you guys we'll let you know if we find anything about them" I said as I ended the brief meeting. Then everyone retreated back to their work.

I decided to go for a walk to clear my head, I had a bad feeling about the new unexpected visit from the Hunters. I walked about a block before I reached the park and then I saw it down an alley way.

The signature red Hunters van

There was a man in the drivers seat who didn't pay any mind to me. So I started speed walking. But only too my luck...

"Hello miss" the man said as he got out of the van.

"I'm sorry but do I know you" I said in a thick Russian accent to throw him off.

"Sorry miss you just looked familiar, have a nice day then" he said

I quickly walked in the other direction of the base so he wouldn't follow, then I took the back way to the base. As opened the door all eyes were on me.

"Johnny whats wrong?"

"We found the guy who the Hunters are after" he sighed

"Who is it then?"

"It's Anton, Anton Zaslavski"

Authors Note

Yay the first chapter is finished I hope you guys enjoyed it please let me know it you like it and if you have any suggestions please let me know in the comments. thanks guys

-Kennede :D