Part 1

As the girl hunched down the road, she started to pull her coat tighter and tighter until her face was barely visible. Sometimes she crawled along the road, sometimes she ran and sometimes she stopped moving at all, the cold was her guide. She didn't seem to really know the wind, in the beginning she always stumbled and tripped over anything that even resembled a rock or ditch. Her shiny leather shoes soon became dull and scuffed. She always had a part of the day where she just stood there straight and immobile like a wall, in deep thought, with her face crinkled in calmness and self-satisfaction.

The girl was an interesting person to watch, we trekked up every day from the village to observe her, we wasted our time by guessing what she would do next and where she would go. After a few weeks, we finally decided that she was looking for something probably something as important as her life. Suddenly, she stopping wandering along the road, so we became worried, our entertainment had gone missing.

We found her on the side of the road, near the base of the alpine peaks, her body flat as if she were dead, motionless; rigor mortis. We dragged her all the way back to the village, our arms drooped from the weight as time went on, but we were determined to save her, after all she was our precious entertainment. The first thing we noticed was her hair. On close inspection, her hair was like a closely knitted fire, maybe a wildfire willing and able to burn everything in its way. It wasn't the perfect type of red, like you would expect from a fire, but more like the colour of withering embers. We followed her all those weeks and we never even noticed. Her eyes were the next best thing we noticed about her, they were golden a pure golden colour, but dull like her scuffed shoes. We started to wonder instead of guess, what was a girl like her doing in our mountains, what was she looking for, what was her purpose?

�3>�@/�