What a nice day. [Ch.1]

For some odd reason, no one is freaked out by your cat ears or tail. Huh. Maybe they think it's a costume, you think to yourself as you are walking home. Once you arrive at your small newly-built apartment, you turned on the tv to see what was on. One of the shows had signs that said things in Japanese writing. You frowned disappointingly at yourself, for you could only speak Japanese and not read or write it. That's alright though, you guess. You looked down at your stomach, continuing to frown more. Why am I so fat? Ugh, this is why I can't get a job! Everyone thinks I'm weird, ugly, and fat. I'll never get a job, or a love life! I won't even make friends at this rate! You start to feel a little depressed and want to cry, but your phone starts blaring [y/r]. You grab your phone and stare at the caller ID. It was your parents. Yes, your parents were the ones who were lending you money for your apartment. You were scared of them asking about how your job is going, when you don't even have one.

You answered your phone, gulping down your depressing thoughts. "H-Hello?" You stutter on accident, shit!  "Hello honey! Is everything alright?" "O-Oh, umm... Yeah. How are you, mom?" You ask your mom, trying to drop the subject. "I'm good, thank you so much for asking! How about yourself? Do you have a job yet?" Your heart sank when she asked if you had a job yet. "Not... Not really.. I don't have a job yet. A-And I'm doing just fine. Don't worry though, I'll find one soon, I'm sure of it!" You responded, trying to sound as cheerful and reassuring as possible. "Alright, [y/n], if you insist! Call me or text me if you need anything, alright? I have to get back to the rest of my lunch break and then continue work. I love you!" You smiled a little, "Alright mom, love ya too. Bye. Tell dad I said hi when you get the chance!"

You sighed. You've been bored for hours, and you don't know what to do. You decided you would take a walk, and that's exactly what you did. You didn't care for hiding your cat ears or tail, no one really seemed to care anyways. You walked outside, and only took a few steps before you heard a quiet gasp and some footsteps behind you. You stopped dead in your tracks, somewhat scared for some odd reason, and you turned around. Some depressed-looking guy in a purple jacket with some weird green symbol on it was following you. For how long? You've only been out here a couple seconds.. Maybe he's a stalker, you thought. He stared at you, but obviously was trying not to make eye contact. It seemed as if he couldn't start a conversation, and he hardly could either. He started to back away, looking a little hurt or sad, but you stopped him when you said "H-Hi!" "....." He was silent. It was silent for a long amount of time. "hello...... " he responded. He was reluctantly edging closer to you. You felt uncomfortable and scared, but you enjoyed his company at the same time.. "Are.. Are you... Um..." He paused for a moment, and then continued, "Are you new to this neighborhood? W..What's your name? Is that where you live?" He pointed to your apartment. "Yes, I'm new here. My name is [Y/N], what's yours? And yes, that's my house." He slowly nodded and replied with, "I'm Ichimatsu... And I live over there." He pointed over to what must be his house. You nodded  and then after a few minutes of silence, you decided to walk again. After a few seconds of walking, you felt a hand on your head... PETTING YOU?!?

~Author's Notes
Yes, we all know Ichimatsu speaks Japanese. But then you wouldn't be able to read it unless you too speak Japanese. Anyways, this is my first fanfic... And yes there will be more chapters. I hope you enjoyed! Don't be afraid to send feedback! <3 See you in the next chapter!~
{ Key - [Y/R] = Your ringtone [F/C] = Favorite color [H/C] = Hair color [Y/N] = Your name }