Cat buddies! [Ch.4]

You work at a pet store, and your shift is petty boring. It's not like people are always wanting new pets, so you don't have much to do during your shift. You haven't talked to Ichi or his brothers in quite a few days. You were starting to wonder where in the heck they could've gone off to. Your cat ears pressed down against your head. You weren't feeling the best, you guess it was because you missed Ichi so much. Man, you thought, I really love him... Just as you were thinking to yourself about Ichi, the door opened, ringing because there's a bell connected to it so you know when someone walks in. You look over, and you see Ichi! He walked over to the kittens and cats, playfully smiling at them and petting them. He fed them some cat food he had, which the customers aren't exactly supposed to do that, but it was Ichi, so you didn't say anything to him about it. He started to play with the cats, and you smiled warmly, watching him as you started to daydream. You wanted to let him know that you loved him so much... But you didn't want to make a move so suddenly like that. You sighed, and you guess you sighed a little too loudly because Ichi heard you and turned around to face you. He walked up to you, with just barely a hint of a smile in his expression.
"Hey, what's up [Y/N]?"
"Oh, hey Ichi! Not much.. Just chilling. My shift's almost over, sooo.. Guess I'm just waiting for that!"
"Ah... I see..."
Silence.
Pure silence.
Your shift ends at 12:00PM, in which it was 11:57AM. You decided to start cleaning up the very small mess you made and wrap things up.
"Ssoooooo, my shift's about to end so I'm gonna wrap things up here."
"Ah..."
....
Silence again. You sighed, and once it was 12 you told Ichi you were leaving. Instead of walking home, you decided to walk to the park. You also decided you would walk slowly today.
You thought you heard an extra pair of feet walking, but you shrugged. After a while, you turned around to see Ichi following you.
"Oh, you want to tag along? Heh.. I'm just going to the park."
...
Weird, Ichi wasn't talking a lot today.
You didn't mind it though, he was usually quiet. But not this quiet. You were starting to get worried, but shrugged it off. You sighed as you arrived at a bench and sat down. Ichi sat down right next to you. He stared at you, slightly smiling! He reached for your head and started to pet you. This scared you, and made you jump a little. He pulled his hand away in confusion. You stared at him.
"Sorry," you breathed, "I was just startled."
...
"Ah.."
He reached his hand again to pet you. Man.. It felt so nice. You purred, and then blushed at the fact you had just purred.
He smiled warmly, blushing slightly. You've never seen him smile so brightly... Maybe he likes you too! Your cat ears perked up in happiness. Maybe you should confess to him.. That you love him?
You gulp, hoping to "gulp down your anxiety", but let's all face it that it never works.
You stared into his eyes passionately, and he noticed. You were about to get lost in his eyes when you snapped yourself out of it.
"Uhh.. Ichi?"
"Eh?"
"I have something very important to ask you."
"Go on"
"Um.." You gulped, "so... I know this guy, right?"
"Eh??"
"I like him, and I think he might like me back.. I'm not completely sure. I've known him for quite a while now, should I make a move?"
Ichi's heart sank. He didn't know you were talking about him, and he liked you. Ichi almost got lost in his thoughts, but you interrupted his thoughts, luckily.
"I-Ichi..?"
"Eh? Oh- tch. Just tell him you love him..."
Ichi's words came out a little more harsh than he had intended. He wanted to say sorry, but he decided it was best if he didn't.
"Okay..."
....
There was a long silence.
You inhaled deeply, and exhaled slowly, staring at Ichi. You repeated that process, and you opened your mouth to speak but couldn't find the words.
'Come on, [Y/N], it's not like asking guys out is new to yourself!' You told yourself, 'But... The heartbreak is unbearable.'
"Ummm... ......" You mumbled so quiet, even you couldn't understand yourself.
"Eh? S-Speak up." Ichi said, starting to get nervous.
"I... L.... I love you, Ichi...."
You closed your eyes, wanting to disappear, wanting to not hear his reaction which you expected was him making fun of you, and you wished you wouldn't have even mentioned it in the first place-
"I love you too, [Y/N]-Chan."
....
Silence.
You turned towards him and he turned towards you. You leaned in for a kiss and he did the same. You both kissed and then pulled away. He smiled passionately and blushed madly, and you did the same.
DAMN! Ichi's a really great kisser, you thought to yourself.
"...that was nice." Ichi spoke up, "um.. How about we go catch a movie?"
"Sounds fun!" You smiled at him in response. "What movie, though?"
"Eh...? How about.. You pick?"
"M-Me? Are you sure?"
"mhm."
"Alright, okay. How about [Your favorite movie]. (Option one: you say "It's in English, but has Japanese subtitles" or you say "it's Japanese with English subtitles.")"
"a'ight. fine by me" Ichi smiled.
You two held hands as you walked to your house to put the movie in the DVD player. After a while of watching movies and shows on Netflix, it was late at night. Neither of you had noticed, because you were too busy snuggling in warm blankets together on the couch watching Netflix/movies/tv. Soon, you both fell asleep.....

Author's Note(s): Chapter 4! This one's a little longer than the others, so I hope you enjoyed it!!!