Chapter 1

RING! RING! RING! I heard my phone alarm going off.

“Great.” I grumbled.

Today is the day I move into my new dorms at college. I got accepted to WSU. I slowly pulled myself away from the warmth and comfort my bed had given me. I pulled out faded blue jeans with a hole in one of the knees, and my brothers old WSU sweatshirt he had given me since it was too small for him now considering his new found muscles.

I stalked to my bathroom with my toiletries. I turned on the water and made sure it was scalding hot. I peeled off my old clothes from last night and pulled out my braid. I let my chocolate colored hair fall gently down my back. I examined the fingerprint bruises on my hips, and the larger ones on my thighs. Nobody could ever see these. I jumped into the now steamy shower. I let the streams of water wash away my doubts. This was my perfect place to think.

I lathered the vanilla scented shampoo into my hair. I absolutely loved the scent. I had matching perfume and lotion as well. I scrubbed my body with the loofah covered in the pomegranate scented scrub. These two scents just mixed perfectly together for me.

“Lake Marie! Get down here!” I heard my brother yelling at me down the stairs. He was always being obnoxious, but I didn’t mind because I knew he was just like this to tease me.

I hadn’t realized how long I had been under the water. It had relaxed my sore muscles like I had hoped and now I feel rejuvenated. I stepped out wrapping my hair up in the first towel I grabbed off of the toilet. I took the second towel off of the toilet and wrapped it around my dripping body. After I had dried off, I pulled up my navy blue panties, and strapped on my navy blue bra. I loved this color, it went perfectly against my incredibly pale skin.

I stepped into my jeans, wiggled, and jumped up and down to get them over my hips. I pulled on the comfy sweater and let my hair down. It cascaded perfectly down my back and just reached my butt.

I quickly combed through the tangles and let it dry naturally today. I had lovely wavy hair, my mother liked it. I wasn’t anything special even though I had some guys gawking at me. I had blue grey eyes, chocolate brown hair, and I had my nose and monroe pierced. I had them done last summer as a rebellion thing against my mom, she hated them, but I think the were growing on her. They certainly grew on me and now I knew I couldn’t live without them. I was very pale and not very thin. I certainly wasn’t fat though. I had long eyelashes, and pale pink lips.

I pulled on some navy colored Toms and slipped them on. My brother, Leaf, had already packed my things into the back of our mothers truck. I walked into my room and felt empty, every item that I could possibly possess had been packed away and was leaving with me to go to college.

I pulled my phone out of my butt pocket as I sat on my bed for the last time for a while, until I visited at least. I glanced at the screen. It read 9:30.

“Shoot!” I exclaimed. I wanted to be at my new dorm by 10:00. That was clearly not going to work out because the drive was an hour long!

I hurriedly grabbed my purse. “Mom! Leaf!” I practically screamed for them.

“What!?” They said in unison as they ran to me.

“We need to go! Now!” I shouted. They stared at me like I was insane. “What?”

“You had us worried to death.” Leaf yelled at me.

“S-Sorry.” I said as I looked at the ground.

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled. I know how you get.” Leaf apologized.

You see, I had a stutter when I was nervous, or scared. It never really came out at home. When I was around others however, that was a totally different story. I couldn’t really control it then, it kind of was out of control until I got to know you and got comfortable around you.