Chapter 2 - TrotQuest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
253 years ago    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"WELCOME!" Sage Jewel yelled into the loudspeaker.
The first person had come to the front gates. A young girl around 16, name Emma. Sage ran up with a grin to go meet her first rider.
"Oh...my....goodness!" Emma gasped looking around at the fancy barns.
"Does it look nice?" Sage ask clapping her hands together.
Soon another girl came up name Hana. Sage got the 2 girls tack and assigned them lesson horses and dorms. They played around for a while and Sage decided to grab StormChaser and head for a trail ride. No one else seemed to be coming but as Sage walked into the beginner barn with Storm to check on Emma and Hana she saw another girl. She walked to the front gates looking rather scared. She was young, 13 at the most. The girl had a unique look. Blue hair, cat ears, and purple eyes.
"H-Hello." She said taking the the view of TrotQuest around her.
"Welcome to TrotQuest!" Sage called dusting off her pants after clipping up Storm and hurrying out of the beginner barn.
The girl approached the barn and met Sage. Sage walked back to Storm to help the new girl while tacking him up. The girl walked up to Storm and he snorted. She put on a look of determination to let him. Sage, afraid she would get hurt asked her a question, "what's your name, age and years in riding?" Sage pulled a notebook out and a pen and stood there waiting.
"Err.. My name is Sara Ember , I'm 13 years old, and I've never really ridden..." She said looking down. She was at a RIDING school yet she didn't ride! Sage smiled at her and then frowned. She had ears, and she was scratching one.
*I wonder if they're real?* Sage thought starring at them. Sara smiled at her and as if reading her mind said, "yes they're real ears."
"Anyway," Sage said quickly going red, "I'll assign you a horse and get the tack you will be needing." Sage smiled sweetly at her and turned around.
Another girl came into the barn around Sage's age. She quickly saw Sara smiled and walked up to her.
"Hey! I'm Aquamarine!" The girl said flipping her blonde and blue hair.
"A-Aquamarine?" Sara asked nervously.
"Yup! But just call me Aqua!" Aqua said laughing and flashing Sara a grin.
Save came around the corner with tack and looked up at the two.
"Scaring my riders now are you Aqua?" Sage said in a teasing tone.
"Hehe no..." Aqua said dashing out of the barn.
"Aqua is normal. Hahah just be yourself around us." Sage said motioning to Sara to follow her down the aisle.