Prologue

One hour.

That's all I have left until it's all over. My life ticking away as I sit here, moping around. Just waiting for the time to come.

I'm not scared necessarily, more like worried. What's going to happen when the I'm gone? Will life just carry on as if I never left, like everyone else when their time comes? Or will people actually care?

I can't imagine why anyone would notice a difference. It's not that they didn't care for me, they just aren't programmed to notice, to feel any emotions by my absence. So why am I feeling all of this sudden emotion and wonder? Why do I seem to be programmed differently than everyone else? I never was bothered by the thought of death before... nobody here is really. So why start now, at the very moment death just happened to be approaching?

I can already feel myself slipping away. It feels like even though I'm still here, I'm already gone. You would think my friends would want to spend the last couple minutes I have with me, but no. As for my family... that's a story for a different time.

My friends are all out partying and having a good time while I'm here in my bloody thoughts. I should be living my life to the fullest in my last hour yet i can't get myself off this couch. There are so many things I haven't done in my life; skydiving, smoked, written a book, fallen in love... There are still so many things I have yet to accomplish, I just don't have the time obviously...

Forty-five minutes.

The grandfather clock that sat beside my great grandmother's old China cabinet rung loudly hitting the 15 minute mark. I can feel the echo of the clock striking 23:15, as it chimed loudly. I always thought that clock was so annoying, but I should have listened closer and payed more attention to the beautiful song it plays because I sure as hell know i will miss it.

I decide to get up as the hunger in my stomach starts to take over. I mean if I'm gonna die, why die hungry?

I grab the loaf of bread from the cupboard and take out two pieces, deciding on a simple ham and mayo sandwich. I take a bite and try to savor the taste of my last meal. It's crazy to think this is the last time I'll ever have a meal like this again. I mean I knew my day was coming but I didn't pay much attention to it, nobody ever does. It just happens.

By the time i finish up my meal, I only have 30 minutes left. I decide that I'm not gonna spend my last half hour by myself so I head out of this depressing house. I walk across the street to my friend Ed's house. Right now he's having one of his legendary end of semester parties.

I walk in the front door and I'm immediately hit by the strong aroma of alcohol and weed. He really knows how to throw a party. All around me there are either people drinking, smoking, or grinding on eachother.

I make my way to the bar area and pick up a cup filled with a mysterious green liquid. I mean I'm gonna die anyways right?

Bottoms up!

As the drink goes down my throat, I can feel my eyes begin to water from the intensity of the alcohol. I've never had a drink that strong before.

"Harrrryyy!" I hear someone call from behind me.

"Taking a shot of Absinthe now? What happened to you buddy?" He slurred.

I turn around and to no surprise I was face to face with Ed. His breathe has the strong odor of alcohol and i can see a small scratch on his nose, probably from bleeding after doing too much cocaine.

"Hey Ed, sick party," I tell him.

He smiles widely up at me as he looks around his house with a sense of accomplishment plastered on his face.

"Thanks mate. Hey! In like 45 minutes we're all heading to the city pool, wanna join?"

I'm about to agree when i remember that I can't. By then I'll be good as gone.

"I'd really love to but I gotta head back home. I only came over to say hi." I tell him.

His previous happy face is taken over by a look of sadness.

"Alright that's fine. Hope you have a good night," he tells me.

He's about to walk to the front door when I pull him into a tight hug. This is the last time I'm ever gonna see him, so I want him to remember this as a good moment but by the looks of how much he's drinking, I doubt he will even remember I stopped by in the morning when he wakes.

I see a few more cups of the puke green Absinthe and quickly chugged them down.

Fuck it.

I place the last red plastic cup down and proceed to the door. As I begin to turn the door handle, I feel a sudden wave of dizziness hit me like a tsunami. I clutch onto the handle and try to steady myself so I won't fall onto the ground.

When I feel stable enough, I finish turning the handle and open the door. A gust of cool autumn air hits me as I open the door and step outside the loud house.

It's only a few meters to my house across the street but as I look at it from Ed's front porch it looks like a thousand mile journey. I stumble helplessly down the blurry street and arrive in one piece to my front door.

Unlocking the door was a tougher job than I had intended as my keys fumble in my hand I fail to insert them in the keyhole multiple times before finally getting them in and stepping into my home, sweet home.

I once again stumble into the house and plop onto my black leather couch. It's cold material made my hot and pounding head feel at ease. I slowly guide my head up and sit normally on the frigid seat. The clock strikes causing its loud song to boom louder than it did earlier ... must be the the Absinthe...

As I'm about to lay back down, I begin to feel pressure build up in my dick. It took me a few seconds to realize, I have to piss. I begin to stand from the sofa and I get hit by a second wave of dizziness. I stumble onto my coffee table and end up knocking off everything that had been previously on it. As i regain my composure i make my way to my bathroom.
I unzip my pants and pull them down to my ankles. Being as drunk as I am isn't exactly the best when you are trying to go to the bathroom. I look around the room and have a hard time deciding where to let my pee flow, so i decide on the bathtub.

I don't exactly have the best aim when i'm sober so I could easily tell this wasn't going to be good. The next thing i knew my piss was shooting all over the bathtub and bathrooms floor hitting everything but the toilet (where it technically should be going in).

Then, everything goes black...

hello!!!! We are Lauren and Naydeline and thank you so much for reading our book. Let us know what you think :) This is the first fic we've written together before so we hope you enjoy it.

(shameless promo but if you wanna read our separate books you can go to our acc Hopeless_Fangirl_ ((Phan fic)) and larriehome ((Ziam fic and Short Stories))

There is lots more to come so stay tuned :))

N & L xxx