The Goodbye Letter

Dear people who are reading this,

   I killed myself once and for all. I lived a miserable life, full of despair and sadness. Every time I think I reached for something, it comes again and laughs at my face.  Every time I stand up, deciding I want to try again but all I get is a laugh behind my face. If people cared, emphasizing on the if, then I'm sorry for the short-time sadness you will feel. I just I can't live in a world where I'm not appreciated, I feel down-graded and I keep hitting myself on the face. No more will I stand in a small corner and listen to you talking, bullying and humiliating me. I didn't stand up and face you, but what I did will show you that treating someone with humiliation will lead to his/her death.

Mom and dad,

I love you with all my heart; I know you will be the only ones shedding a tear. Sorry for all the troubles I've done in my past, the fights we had and the disagreements that happened every day. Know that you raised me well, that I didn't die because of our silly quarrels or because sometimes I tell you I hate you, but because I am sick and tired of people treating me with no respect. I wanted one time to be one of those popular girls having all they had, but I realized that they were fake and you always said barbies are the only fake thing there is, and you didn't want me to be like that.

Marcus and Paulo,

I know that you're only eight year-olds, and maybe you wouldn't get what happened. When I come home from a crappy day, you guys would always cheer me up and put a smile on my face. I want you guys to be the happiest people in this earth, and I beg you to never hurt someone or if you did have the time to apologize, I'm sure they would really appreciate it.

Molly and Paul,

Only people who stood by me through the tough times, and I just want to curl with you guys on Molly's couch watching crappy movies. But I know that you were doing this for me that, if I wasn't there you guys would be the life of the party. I want you guys to enjoy life, because I held you back. I'm sorry for the trouble I put you through. One last favor, I know you guys have hidden feelings for each other just kiss each other and everything will be fine.

I'm in my tub right now, the door is closed and the tab is running. I just slit one of my hands; the blood is trickling, hitting the water and turning it red. I cut myself deeper and deeper, wanting to get rid of the pain and the feelings running through my mind. I could hear Marcus shouting at Paulo for stealing his Buzz Lighter toy, mom trying to solve the situation and dad's soft snores in the neighboring door. Starting to feel numb from the loss of blood, my heart is bumping fast, my eyes starting to close and I smile for the first time in my teenage life. I heard mom shout my name, but it felt far away. I bid you farewell family, friends and enemies. Live in peace and love.

Love,

 Katherine Evelyeen Pryde

I heard a door being burst open, shouts but I felt at peace. I saw the white light and I just enveloped it. Now there's one less problem in this world.